Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, just a long time lurker… here for the laughs, refresh rumors, delivery info, bad news and good news. I never thought I’d have much to contribute here, but low and behold… today, well today… I do.
Spotted a few carriers driving south on 101 today. Though it might be the usual load of 3’a headed south. But as I got closer, I realized they were the latest refreshed plaids that we’ve been waiting for! (Unless you don’t like the new rear)
I was only able to get a few shots, but good enough to catch the rear and share! The appliqué delete looks to be body color now, and that odd gap/“vent” in the side of fender at the taillight by the new charging door that we saw in the white mule pics, that had us worried doesn’t appear to be there, but that door alignment though… 😂
So the factory is back online for sure, and if your in SoCal waiting to take delivery of your plaid, it should be very soon now. I’m sure we’ll start to see some better pics from folks here picking up there cars soon enough. But there you go, they are on there way now!
This one’s for @EndlessPlaid

View attachment 774310

View attachment 774311
Awesome! Thanks for capturing this and sharing! Can’t wait for my hopefully March delivery.

Now that I have just read through 4 pages of debate on bar color, it looks to be body colored IMO.

Today has been a rollercoaster... Woke up to see my VIN was assigned with an EDD of Monday to Thursday next week. Then called a Tesla rep and he told me my cars production date was yesterday which meant it would have the refreshed lights and plaid badge. Went into a local Tesla store to try and dig into the details and the guy told me the car started getting built on Feb 20 and is already in transit. Was bummed for the rest of day thinking I was getting literally one of the last plaids ever made with the old headlights. So back and forth in my head since then on taking delivery or delaying and waiting another GRUELING 4-8 weeks... But low and behold the plaids now in transit are the upgraded ones! Seriously thank you @JayTee427 for getting me my sanity back 😂🎉
Is your VIN a 472?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So the car finally came. I was matched with a 2022 in mid January (MSM black interior LR 19 no FSD). Took delivery at night in the back lot and did my best to document any visible issues (scratches on windshield, misaligned hood / lift gate, scratched window trim) and submitted a request for service as part of delivery inspection. SC appointment happened this week and they were able to address most of the stuff but not all (ordered a new windshield and new window trim for me for late March install). Detailer that ceramic coated the car yesterday noticed headliner was detached near windshield so good thing a new windshield is coming so they can address. Next step is wheels (suggestions?) Thanks again everyone for all the help esp with turning down that 2021 MF430. I was just happy to get a 2022 after 8 months of waiting.
I had Martians on my M3P. They were awesome. I actually still have them but sold the 3 for the MSLR. I am going to try the factory 19s out on the MSLR, but if I dont like them, I am going back with the Martians.

Hi All, just a long time lurker… here for the laughs, refresh rumors, delivery info, bad news and good news. I never thought I’d have much to contribute here, but low and behold… today, well today… I do.
Spotted a few carriers driving south on 101 today. Though it might be the usual load of 3’a headed south. But as I got closer, I realized they were the latest refreshed plaids that we’ve been waiting for! (Unless you don’t like the new rear)
I was only able to get a few shots, but good enough to catch the rear and share! The appliqué delete looks to be body color now, and that odd gap/“vent” in the side of fender at the taillight by the new charging door that we saw in the white mule pics, that had us worried doesn’t appear to be there, but that door alignment though… 😂
So the factory is back online for sure, and if your in SoCal waiting to take delivery of your plaid, it should be very soon now. I’m sure we’ll start to see some better pics from folks here picking up there cars soon enough. But there you go, they are on there way now!
This one’s for @EndlessPlaid

View attachment 774310

View attachment 774311
No proof this is shipping anytime soon. Probably just a mule.

• Disagree
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Proof it is! This picture is the give-away. Even the Model 3 looks like part of its trunk is “black.” Lighting will do that at times.

Look at the lower part of the Plaid that we know IS black. So very different.

Body-colored. You’ll see.
I’m going with @WilliamG on this one. Body colored; because “cheapened” look is in Vogue.

I mean, there is always the possibility they’re shipping a few mules, but literally we can let get any better proof this is shipping than seeing it on a car carrier heading down the highway, haha
There is always that possibility. At least there were more than one updated S on that truck. So we can hope!
Haha no one caught my joke. From probably 50 pages ago, Hayseed kept killing the hype saying things like that.