Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account still shows a red model s, when is it supposed to change to the updated color?
Wasn’t really worried about it but now with the 5k price increase I’m worried the dude at the service center didn’t change the color and I’ll be stuck having to pay 5k to change it
When you click on "Details", does it mention the color as "Red" as in screenshot attached? If so, it definitely wasn't done properly or not done at all. I didn't change color but changed my wheels from 19" to 21" long time back, and it probably took 1 day since I told my SA to change it.
Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 10.35.29 PM.png

I think the price increases are because of the higher cost of raw material, bringing in a discounted model would only help with sales (though sale volumes are clearly not an issue right now)
No, you want the max profit per raw material you can get. Lower priced car uses all the same raw material (except cells).

Now if the limitation is battery cells it makes sense. Sell as many cars as you can with the cells you have. But if it’s not that. Maximize to the highest end highest trim with highest markup would make most sense.

I think the price increases are because of the higher cost of raw material, bringing in a discounted model would only help with sales (though sale volumes are clearly not an issue right now)
It's likely a mix of both inflation and demand, but I'd wager 35% of the reasoning from costs and inflation, and 65% from demand. Tesla is seeing upwards of a 100% order rate increase in certain regions of the US right now. Demand is unstoppable. And because of that, it makes zero sense to introduce another model that will create more production complexity, and yet again, more demand. Fremont's already jampacked lol! :)

Check this out:

Model S | MSM | 21" Wheels | White Interior + Carbon Fibre | FSD​
9/22/20: Plaid+ 155,490​
3/14/22: Plaid 155,990​
[Edit} Click above. :)

Wow! Plaid + was targeted at >500 mile range. Same Plaid+ configuration did eventually go up to 167,990 in March of '21 before being killed.

Last edited:
When you click on "Details", does it mention the color as "Red" as in screenshot attached? If so, it definitely wasn't done properly or not done at all. I didn't change color but changed my wheels from 19" to 21" long time back, and it probably took 1 day since I told my SA to change it.
View attachment 781111
CB9E550C-376D-42C9-80D5-55A46BE326CB.png

Well dang. Looks like I’ll be getting red.

Attachments

• A02F4E51-6744-46CD-AD8D-E5E66FC5DB32.jpeg
    A02F4E51-6744-46CD-AD8D-E5E66FC5DB32.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 89
  • A6421FE8-3BFA-4A47-B66A-9B08EAD65FB1.jpeg
    A6421FE8-3BFA-4A47-B66A-9B08EAD65FB1.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 81
I second that. I love my Red. Surprised at how much I like it because I was super skeptical too. Partner Veto-ed the Black and MSM.
So glad she did.
Damn! That looks flaming hot. Red + white is a killer combo.
I do love my blue + white combo but the red one beats everything else.

No offense to black and MSM lovers, but I think your partner made the right call for you ;)

Poop. I had my friend with Refresh 2.0 just test, and there’s no cornering lights like on Refresh 1.0 when you turn the yoke or put the turn signals on. Bummer!!! 😞😞

That said, maybe this can be fixed in a software update? Not sure the capabilities present here…
I think Tesla is just scratching the surface with how they use the new lights made by Hella and Samsung. These lights are highly programmable, so I would not rule out that capability coming in a future software update.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Phew! That first pic though! 🤩
Damn! That looks flaming hot. Red + white is a killer combo.
I do love my blue + white combo but the red one beats everything else.

No offense to black and MSM lovers, but I think your partner made the right call for you ;)
In the right light red looks sensational.
Right! I expected it to be a lot duller but its surprisingly poppy all the time. I thought it might be too flashy (and it is), but it is still well worth it because it's just so beautiful.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Crazy that the price went up again but it is really just reflective of the inflationary environment. I wonder if Musk’s tweet re: inflationary pressure yesterday was just his way of softening the criticism that will inevitably occur. Macroeconomic conversations aside, my delivery date was pushed back yesterday from EOQ to April / May. Of course, I did reject a VIN in favor of new headlights so I can’t complain too much.

It's likely a mix of both inflation and demand, but I'd wager 35% of the reasoning from costs and inflation, and 65% from demand. Tesla is seeing upwards of a 100% order rate increase in certain regions of the US right now. Demand is unstoppable. And because of that, it makes zero sense to introduce another model that will create more production complexity, and yet again, more demand. Fremont's already jampacked lol! :)
I certainly agree with you on this. What I can’t figure out is with the demand and orders so high why my darn Tesla Stock keeps dropping? Probably was way inflated to begin with. My concern is that I may not be able to get the Roadster now! 🥲