Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It also weighs more than 1000 pounds more, and is a 4 door family sedan with a great sound system and piping on the seats. Power isn't always everything to speed on the track. 😉😃
New hinges. Heavy ass LED lights. Piece of junk, worthless third motor (just get a long range, err I mean Dual Motor).

Ahh crap I'm sorry read that as 911 Turbo S. Thanks Porsche for your names lol! 🙄🤣

Yeah in that case the Taycan is heavier by roughly 300 pounds. It still is not all about power though. I'm thinking the torque vectoring is doing wonders with the Plaid.
Exactly, A hellcat redeye charger weighs a little less than a porsche panamera turbo S but has almost 200hp more but its not beating that porsche regarless of HP on a track with turns.

Oh, you let the cat out of the bag. Tesla chat site going down...
hahaha wait everyone didn't know about this?
I truly don't even know which buttons and links to click on the Tesla site to get to a chat. In my trials, most of the "Contact Us" choose-your-own-adventure ends with a link to some other support page. (YOU DIED.)

Edit. After a bunch of poking around I have found a chat bubble sometimes appears on some pages on the lower right corner. Ok then.
Oh the button moves, I've used it for my previous car, the page and location is different each time. This time it was bottom left corner of order page

For those asking about VIN assignments, I first noticed my Plaid VIN in the website source code around March 7th (might have been there earlier) but it didn't show up officially in the app until March 16th, which is one week before my scheduled delivery date. I got my delivery date before the VIN showed up in the app.

Things are getting real! Just got back from the bank with my bank draft for my down payment and only 4 days and 20 hours until delivery! 😁

Gotta love QC at Tesla factory. I discovered my 3 day old car had a loose driver door panel (was wondering why it was rattling). Disassembled the door panel and found it was only held by 2 out of the 4 screws that are supposed to be there.

At least the door panel is not rattling now...

Before:
tempImagehq6Ph2.jpg

After:

tempImagemBLQUd.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love QC at Tesla factory. I discovered my 3 day old car had a loose drive door panel (was wondering why it was rattling). Disassembled the door panel and found it was only held by 2 out of the 4 screws that are supposed to be there.

At least the door panel is not rattling now....
Tesla goes above and beyond in helping the customer create a bond and a relationship with their vehicle.

Gotta love QC at Tesla factory. I discovered my 3 day old car had a loose driver door panel (was wondering why it was rattling). Disassembled the door panel and found it was only held by 2 out of the 4 screws that are supposed to be there.

At least the door panel is not rattling now...

Before:
.View attachment 782609

After:

View attachment 782610

Weight savings. Your car will now be slower since you added those screws.