Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta love QC at Tesla factory. I discovered my 3 day old car had a loose driver door panel (was wondering why it was rattling). Disassembled the door panel and found it was only held by 2 out of the 4 screws that are supposed to be there.

At least the door panel is not rattling now...

Before:
.View attachment 782609

After:

View attachment 782610
How did you fix? Just push it back in?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
How did you fix? Just push it back in?
No, the issue was the top of the panel did not latch to door frame properly. I had to remove 4 hidden screws, take the entire panel off, re-aligned it and put the screws (2 of 4) back in. Service will bring me 2 more screws, but for now, it is good enough.

FYI. I have never taken a door panel off before. Desperate times calls for desperate measures (Did not want to wait 13 days for service to show and continue to hear rattling).

Just called my local service center. Asked for parts department. Got right through and ordered the new tri-motor badge. ($8) They told me it will be a couple of weeks and they will deliver it to my house which is an hour away. I feel like a VIP!
That’s the new Plaid badge right? I may have to order one when I take it in for service next week. I didn’t even know they actually had a parts department.

Tesla goes above and beyond in helping the customer create a bond and a relationship with their vehicle.
Yes, very true. My PoS was returned yesterday, with no PCS replacement, unknown root cause of safety faults and direction to keep monitoring it for more critical faults when I drive. So, who here would be comfortable taking this car on a long drive to visit family through several mountain passes (Seattle to Medford)?

D3B55EC3-AA88-4043-A9FE-8E5C96728F27.jpeg
646AA8B2-A3AB-445F-A5E1-9AA3B4243A53.jpeg
DA0B4987-F190-4152-95C9-9BA8142E3496.jpeg460A0606-ACA0-4CD8-94A2-D85E3508756C.jpeg

Nope, Delivery 3/23-31 and no VIN xD

Yeah, My order is potentially a week away with no VIN....so I'm in the same boat
Original order date 7/12/21

At what point do I ask Tesla, if I will be getting a VIN? Do I wait until 3/22?
My order date was 7/15/21 RN1153 and got into my first day of my 2 week EDD and mid day jump end to beginning of the next months to the following month. Sooo close and yet so far again. 😢

Just called my local service center. Asked for parts department. Got right through and ordered the new tri-motor badge. ($8) They told me it will be a couple of weeks and they will deliver it to my house which is an hour away. I feel like a VIP!
What part number did they say is the new version?

2TRI MOTOR BADGE1655154-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)11
2TRI MOTOR BADGE1740543-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)11

I assume 1740543-00-A?