Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was updating my spreadsheet of EDD changes and noticed todays was exactly a month after the last change...This is the 11th Change since I started keeping track. I'm sure I had at least 3 or 4 others that I did not record. It was like the monkey really tried in March but gave up...

1650659818990.png

I was updating my spreadsheet of EDD changes and noticed todays was exactly a month after the last change...This is the 11th Change since I started keeping track. I'm sure I had at least 3 or 4 others that I did not record. It was like the monkey really tried in March but gave up...

View attachment 796553

Holy crap. I don't know whats worse, that or being stuck at "TBD" like I am haha.

A quick photo shoot on a side road near home, and some editing on phone. The design of Model S is so appealing. Can't stop looking at it! :)

View attachment 795954View attachment 795955View attachment 795956View attachment 795957View attachment 795958View attachment 795959View attachment 795960View attachment 795961
Gorgeous !!! What’s the verdict on the rear badge? Did it change to that plaid picture for all new deliveries? Did you remove yours? Mine is all-chrome PLAID letters.

I was just thinking the same thing. I went with the LR to save $40k. It is hard to justify that much money for a second faster. For $20k I would be tempted.
I get the Plaid has a bit of the "sleeper" look and that is part of the appeal, but for my $140k I want more.

I think Tesla should have done more with the Plaid to separate it from the LR.
Plaid only wheels choice
Plaid only color
Standard better brakes
Contrasting trim or stitching
steering wheel choice
Free supercharging after doing all those 0-60 pulls

If I'm paying that much more make me feel special. I would assume the speed rush decreases over time and can't be used every time you are in the car, but some of the above features can be appreciated every time you are in the car.

Just my .02. I will still be jealous of the people with Plaids;)
I don’t come close to using all the power this thing has … and my other car is a 12 cylinder Ferrari !!!

Gorgeous !!! What’s the verdict on the rear badge? Did it change to that plaid picture for all new deliveries? Did you remove yours? Mine is all-chrome PLAID letters.
Thank you! I like the new plaid badging over the older chrome PLAID letters. I didn't have to remove mine as I'm a poor LR owner with no badges. Don't have no plaid. 😜

loosely played with the colors to get some wrap ideas. Any opinions anyone?
Current choice is red but thinking of switching order to White and wrapping the plaid to one of these colors. All photos are edited from the base (red) photo. Ignore the lazy tail light discoloration :p

Red
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.09.23 PM.png

"Maritime Blue"
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.56.57 PM.png

Green
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.57.32 PM.png

Violet
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 11.03.48 PM.png

"Miami Blue"

imgonline-com-ua-ReplaceColor-5QSsjzQn4uFkpS.jpeg

Hopefully this helps me and others decide as well haha

Last edited:
So I am getting about 2 miles per every percent of charge. That means I would only be able to do 200 miles? Do I have a battery issue?
If you keep it in plaid mode, I think the battery tries to heat up to be able to deliver plaid power every time you take a small trip, so the wh/mile is always high.

I found my wh/mile was closer to 275 in chill mode vs 350 in plaid mode.

I think the range calculation is around 250wh/mile for the max range. Assume the usable battery Is 96.5kwh