Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! First timer here. I ordered my car just this past weekend, below are my details:

RN1170 - Model S (regular, not Plaid)/Black/Walnut+Cream/21" Arachnid/FSD Yes/Ordered 4/24/2022/Current EED Sep 16th - Nov 11th

I've filled in the registration info, haven't selected payment method yet. Is there anything I can do to speed up delivery? I was hoping to get ths car in August, but right after I ordered it, EDD changed from June-Oct to Sept-Nov. :(

Hi all! First timer here. I ordered my car just this past weekend, below are my details:

RN1170 - Model S (regular, not Plaid)/Black/Walnut+Cream/21" Arachnid/FSD Yes/Ordered 4/24/2022/Current EED Sep 16th - Nov 11th

I've filled in the registration info, haven't selected payment method yet. Is there anything I can do to speed up delivery? I was hoping to get ths car in August, but right after I ordered it, EDD changed from June-Oct to Sept-Nov. :(
Complete your profile and select cash for payment. When you get your VIN you can reach out to your SA to have it changed to loan/lease.

After you post 8 times you'll be able to put your order details in your signature.

FYI - New note in the Tesla shop on the mobile charger - Looks like any car ordered before 4/28 will still ship with the NEMA 5-15 / mobile charger. After that, cost is $200, but will bundle in NEMA 5-15 and 14-50 adaptors.

See below:

Description
Stay charged on extended trips or when you need it most with Mobile Connector. Using a standard outlet, you can recharge up to 3 miles of range per hour with the NEMA 5-15 Adapter or up to 30 miles of range with the NEMA 14-50 Adapter depending on your vehicle.
Includes:
  • 1x Mobile Connector - 20’ cable
  • 1x NEMA 5-15 Adapter
  • 1x NEMA 14-50 Adapter (based on selection)
  • 1x storage bag
Mobile Connector Manual
Note: Vehicle orders placed on or after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery. Mobile Connector orders with both NEMA 5-15 Adapter and NEMA 14-50 Adapter will begin shipping in August 2022.

You and me both. The pressure will be on Q2, with Shanghai closure, to beat delivery expectations.
The beginning of my EDD range starts tomorrow 04/30 - 5/21. My previous 5 EDD changed on the first Saturday of the range precisely at 8am central time.
So, I expect tomorrow I will either get very good new or bad news. Maybe I will go with "no news is good news"

Well, here we go! I'm starting to see more and more customers progressing to delivery for same car in my area that placed their order after I did. I am a cash customer if that means anything! Been late May - early July EDD for quite awhile...
Eventually, you will get a car. Even if it was one that was rejected by those that placed the order after you did.

19’s or 21’s; they are all good and a personal thing like you say. I ordered 21’s because of looks and wanted my car quicker. I got the car within a few months of ordering, sold the 21’s for even better looking lightweight forged 20’s and am a happy guy. 🍻🍻
picture of your new wheels please!
also ... which model 20 wheel did you get?
I like my 21s but you have me curious

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Seems to be a lot of S and X waiting to be shipped out
Yeah, decent amount there. Always hard to tell how many are actually moving out. There have been times the grass lot across the asphalt area is packed to the gills to but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing. Often times I think they are waiting on parts, etc...

It feels better when we see people getting VIN#'s assigned here, however, for me almost always they are orders after mine so it stings...lol.

Hello all. This is my second Tesla (currently own 2019 M3LR Blue/White). I ordered my MS on March 31st and have spent the last month devouring all MS LR content I can find. Figure I can provide some information about my order to help as well. I've been trying not to go crazy with impatience after a month; bless you all who have been waiting for 8-9 months!

RN1168 - Model S LR /MSM/White/19" Tempest/No FSD/Current ED Aug 30th - Oct 25th - located in GA

Hello all. This is my second Tesla (currently own 2019 M3LR Blue/White). I ordered my MS on March 31st and have spent the last month devouring all MS LR content I can find. Figure I can provide some information about my order to help as well. I've been trying not to go crazy with impatience after a month; bless you all who have been waiting for 8-9 months!

RN1168 - Model S LR /MSM/White/19" Tempest/No FSD/Current ED Aug 30th - Oct 25th - located in GA
I'm 7 months in heading into month 8, but I know many have been waiting longer.
I think the most frustrating aspect of the wait is the constant tease of an EDD only to be changed every month.
One would think there would be an order to such things. People who ordered first would receive their cars first. NOPE. not even close. While I realize batching certain builds make sense it is maddening to see people receive cars after a seemingly sort time only to see other cars get delayed further.
Never thought I would be in a place where a $100K car is the "low spec" model.
Reminds me when I purchased my Lotus from the dealership that also sold many other high-end brands. Always felt like the redheaded stepchild when I would bring my car for service since my car was not a $300K Lambo.
We shall see. Tomorrow is another day and likely a new EDD:confused: