Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
picture of your new wheels please!
also ... which model 20 wheel did you get?
I like my 21s but you have me curious
Like a lot of Tesla owners I got Signature SV104’s. 9 1/2 & 10 1/2 inch
1651274611561.png

1651274514805.jpeg

I'm 7 months in heading into month 8, but I know many have been waiting longer.
I think the most frustrating aspect of the wait is the constant tease of an EDD only to be changed every month.
One would think there would be an order to such things. People who ordered first would receive their cars first. NOPE. not even close. While I realize batching certain builds make sense it is maddening to see people receive cars after a seemingly sort time only to see other cars get delayed further.
Never thought I would be in a place where a $100K car is the "low spec" model.
Reminds me when I purchased my Lotus from the dealership that also sold many other high-end brands. Always felt like the redheaded stepchild when I would bring my car for service since my car was not a $300K Lambo.
We shall see. Tomorrow is another day and likely a new EDD:confused:

EDD, for those newer to this thread, also stands for Endless Delivery Disorder. No cure until you accept your delivery, but palliative care available on this thread whenever you need it.

I’m wanting to trade in my ‘21 S Plaid with FSD for a new X Plaid (I originally had both on order). Anyone get a trade in value from Tesla for their Plaid? Thanks :)
Problem is, what will the Trade be when the X comes in.
Lol, my February delivery 2022 MS LR NF467 got a trade in value of $42,000 for my 2022 MS Plaid that I have on order.
Ended up selling to a dealership, got all my money back. Skip the trade.

For reference my 22 MSLR was Red Exterior, White Interior, 19” Wheels, No FSD. January 2022 Build NF467 VIN.

Upcoming Plaid will be the same config :) with new lights of course.

Last edited:
Lol, my February delivery 2022 MS LR NF467 got a trade in value of $42,000 for my 2022 MS Plaid that I have on order.
Ended up selling to a dealerhship, got all my money back. Skip the trade.

For reference my 22 MSLR was Red Exterior, White Interior, 19” Wheels, No FSD. January 2022 Build NF467 VIN.

42k? Cant be real LOL

Ended up selling to a dealerhship, got all my money back. Skip the trade.

Something must have been messed up. I got $89K ($94K with tax) 2019 X with 26K miles in March.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have been following this thread for months now, finally decided to post for the first time. I placed an order for a MS LR MSM w/ black interior and FSD in October last year RN1158 delivering to MD. Current EDD is 04/30 - 05/21, I didn’t keep track of all the EDD changes but it has changed more times than I cared for. Original EDD when I placed the order was June something. Hopefully I’ll get the car within the current EDD window because it will be difficult for me to take delivery in June because of travel plans.

I have been following this thread for months now, finally decided to post for the first time. I placed an order for a MS LR MSM w/ black interior and FSD in October last year RN1158 delivering to MD. Current EDD is 04/30 - 05/21, I didn’t keep track of all the EDD changes but it has changed more times than I cared for. Original EDD when I placed the order was June something. Hopefully I’ll get the car within the current EDD window because it will be difficult for me to take delivery in June because of travel plans.

Was here 18 months in the same dingy due to travels and other setbacks. :)

One thing for sure, these damn cars are worth the irritation Tesla puts us through. Absolutely love mine and the hours tinkering with it and driving it are a joy.

Keep us updated. Always happy to hear of a member getting their car.

Ended up selling to a dealership, got all my money back. Skip the trade.

This cannot be possible.

Did you double check that there wasn't a typo, such as a "9" for the "4" (as in $92,000)?

loosely played with the colors to get some wrap ideas. Any opinions anyone?
Current choice is red but thinking of switching order to White and wrapping the plaid to one of these colors. All photos are edited from the base (red) photo. Ignore the lazy tail light discoloration :p

Red
View attachment 796680

"Maritime Blue"
View attachment 796681

Green
View attachment 796682

Violet
View attachment 796683

"Miami Blue"

View attachment 796684

Hopefully this helps me and others decide as well haha
What kind of wrap is this? Green. Also, if you change your order, will they charge you more or delay your car?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@DFWBrad I'll be creating its own thread in a minute but since we interacted here....
FINALLY picked up the car from the detailer yesterday....

- Xpel Satin PPF on panels
- Xpel Gloss PPF on all black trim
- Xpel Gloss PPF on headlights
- Xpel tinted PPF on tails
- 50% Tint Windshield
- 20% Tint Side windows & Back
- Ceramic Coating on top of Xpel + Wheels + Calipers
- Xpel Stealth Door Sills
- Illusion Orange Powder coated Brake Calipers
- Gloss Black Front T Emblem
- De-Badge Rear Emblems
- Xpel RX8 Matte Display Protectors (Front and rear screens)

More soon!
Great googly moogly I NEED this!!!! Amazing and almost exactly what I want to do to mine when I get it. Congratulations... it is beautiful beyond words. I'm going to go and stare at these pictures for the next few hours...

jakethedog-adventure.gif

21’s aren’t necessarily the choice for the track. Never had a blow out or bent rim. Comfort marginally different. My trip last week from Orange County to Bay Area at 80mph required two stops just long enough to use the bathroom and eat something. Doubt you’d do it with one stop. Seriously, why buy a Plaid if your interests are hypermiling and comfort?
For the occasional 0-60 blast! I'm in the same boat, ordered a Model S Plaid with 19" wheels as my daily driver. I'm in a Model Y LR now and love to play the efficiency game. Looking forward to air ride suspension, cooled seats, and the option to put a smile on my face from time to time.