Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first person to report it (the guy with the screen protectors mismatch) had a Long Range. Far more likely just Tesla switching to a new part number after they ran out of the old part number, which is why it didn’t line up perfectly with the 2023 model year.
Tesla makes no attempt to line up changes with model years

• Disagree
Reactions: Takaa
Tesla changed final delivery price. I am picking my car up tomorrow. I got a cashier’s check for x as instructed. Tesla added registration fees and I just got notified. Can I pay the difference using the app when I arrive for delivery tomorrow?
Yes… I showed a difference of a $1.50 on my account when I was at delivery and trying to “accept” on the app… rep said let me check and said they were off by a dollar or so and I could pay the difference in app… easy.

Reactions: Beandoc
I am scheduled to accept delivery of my PF500XXX LR S this Friday, but Tesla is "shining" in dealing with non-standard situations like usual.

Two weeks ago I submitted my trade in info for my Model 3 and they made an offer. This offer is valid until early January. Apparently this locks out the "Edit Design" button and, as I was still pre-VIN, I decided I wanted to change my car color. I texted them asking to allow me to change my car color and they said no problem. They unlocked the Edit Design button, apparently by deleting the trade-in/financing details.

I immediately made the car color change (White -> Midnight Silver Metallic) and resubmitted the trade-in details. It didn't even ask me to resubmit any photos or details about the car. Their trade in offer came back $1,100 less than before, despite the previous offer that should still be valid valid until early January and being received less than a week before the new offer. So, I increased the cost of my order for the paint option and they increased it by $1,100 by reducing the value of my trade in, so I am now slated to pay $2,600 more than a week earlier after adding a $1,500 option. I was also assigned a VIN around the same time that the new trade-in offer popped up.

I will accept this is a bug on their side, and they recalculated a new trade in offer instead of providing the one that was calculated less than a week earlier. The fact that they can't fix this and honor the trade-in offer that is still valid without waiting on an escalation from their trade-in team (that may or may not go my way) with a delivery date 4 days away and it taking 2 days to back and forth the title paperwork is unnerving.

3FC0BA09-9CED-4789-A538-D9E4A4D483A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, Tesla came through. A few hours after I sent the last text they presumably escalated again and restored the trade in value (+$1,100) to the still valid offer received a few days earlier. A bit annoying having to ask for updates and keep receiving reminders about my "final trade-in offer," but glad this is over with.

Completed the remaining steps and hopefully still on track for a 500xxx VIN delivery on Friday. :)

I can't even get that far to select a device at all. Just says Bluetooth Initializing and the wheel just spins and spins.
Did this issue ever get resolved for you? If so, please let me know how. Facing the same issue for my recently delivered MYLR. I have a scheduled service appointment 2 days from now but reaching out to the community to see if there’s an easier resolution

Reactions: mcvaughan