Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Build date first week of October then shipped to NC. I’m guessing it’s unlikely it’s someone else’s reject. 🤷‍♂️

We’re not off to a roaring start as apparently they noticed it had a flat tire. Waiting for them to bring it out of service for me to inspect it … let’s see how this goes.
Was it a Red plaid with cream interior? The one I rejected was sent to Charlotte from Raleigh and it dropped off the inventory site sometime last week.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Not bad. That seems about right. Mine was built Oct 19, delivered Nov 10.

Make sure you use one of the delivery checklists to check everything over. It would be great if they let you drive it to check for the 80 mph vibration, but that seems unlikely. You'll almost certainly have the 40-50 mph vibration on startup, and the continuous 40-50 mph vibration will develop later, after about 3000 miles or so. But, there might be a fix for that coming.
While You May have had an issue with a vibration your overly false Assumption that everyone will is absurdly false. I have had no issues with my MSP at any speed same for many.

While You May have had an issue with a vibration your overly false Assumption that everyone will is absurdly false. I have had no issues with my MSP at any speed same for many.
It doesn't appear for some miles for some owners. For my 2021 it was 1400 miles, for my 2022 it was off the lot. There's a reason this TSB exists...

So I have some very unsettling news, shocking even!!!

The car is fine and everything was super uneventful. :)

They brought it out, I was there with my list, pen and disappointment at the ready ... and she looked great. Went through the paint, wheels, panel gaps, glass, windows, frunk/trunk, glove box, center tunnel cubbies, and it was all good. Pushed around some interior and exterior trim pieces and nothing fell out. After fifteen minutes I just gave up on the process and just accepted that the car was overall as good as one would expect and if I missed something I'll figure it out as it comes ... basically like any other car. 🤷‍♂️

Drive home was also mostly uneventful, although I did only have 11 miles left of range as I pulled into the garage. I didn't push her cause I knew range was touch and go and I didn't want to stop to recharge. She also yelled at me and took autosteer away at some point, so rather than pull over and restart I just disabled it and used regular adaptive cruise control which I prefer anyway because it doesn't turn itself off when changing lanes. The only glitch I noticed was the big screen went black at some point, but it came back on after a couple of seconds without me doing anything. It also looks like I made it without any debris pelting the front of the car so I think I'm good for PPF and tint next week.

No pretty pics till then ... just this one to show that she's home safe, and yes the plate is her name. :)

IMG-4297.jpg

They brought it out, I was there with my list, pen and disappointment at the ready ... and she looked great. Went through the paint, wheels, panel gaps, glass, windows, frunk/trunk, glove box, center tunnel cubbies, and it was all good. Pushed around some interior and exterior trim pieces and nothing fell out. After fifteen minutes I just gave up on the process and just accepted that the car was overall as good as one would expect and if I missed something I'll figure it out as it comes ... basically like any other car. 🤷‍♂️

Drive home was also mostly uneventful, although I did only have 11 miles left of range as I pulled into the garage. I didn't push her cause I knew range was touch and go and I didn't want to stop to recharge. She also yelled at me and took autosteer away at some point, so rather than pull over and restart I just disabled it and used regular adaptive cruise control which I prefer anyway because it doesn't turn itself off when changing lanes. The only glitch I noticed was the big screen went black at some point, but it came back on after a couple of seconds without me doing anything. It also looks like I made it without any debris pelting the front of the car so I think I'm good for PPF and tint next week.

No pretty pics till then ... just this one to show that she's home safe, and yes the plate is her name. :)

IMG-4297.jpg
Looks great. Congrats!

Reactions: soulsea

IMG-4297.jpg
I love a happy ending. Congrats!

IMG-4297.jpg
Awesome!

Reactions: soulsea
Ordered 10/20 as well. S Plaid, Stealth Grey, Black Interior, 19" wheels. My delivery still says "Nov 5 - 26"

Weird to think they would be low on "Ultra Red Paint" for the delay?
Yeah who knows. Probably just the timing of my order in combination with whatever batch they were working on. My understanding is Tesla tends to build each color in batches.

It’s now showing me a specific window of 11/11 - 12/16. Hopefully it won’t be snowing the day I take delivery..

Yeah who knows. Probably just the timing of my order in combination with whatever batch they were working on. My understanding is Tesla tends to build each color in batches.

It’s now showing me a specific window of 11/11 - 12/16. Hopefully it won’t be snowing the day I take delivery..
That makes sense! By the way, great choice on color. I love the new Ultra Red, but I'm not the type of person that can pull off that color. I'm boring. :p

Reactions: zoomer0056

IMG-4297.jpg
Congrats and great color choice. As do most, going in with a massive list and commitment to find sadness often leads to tossing the list and just enjoying the experience. Making a Guess but typically the cameras take 15-20 minutes of multilane driving (35 plus) to calibrate the cameras. After which it usually reboots the configuration to apply the calibration. At least that’s what mine did on delivery day. Probably also the reason for AP jail as it wasn’t dialed in yet. Congrats and thanks for sharing the majority experience.

So it seems they are still making 2023, I just got VIN assigned after waiting for 5 weeks, its 2023 VIN. I am not going to take it at this point since resale difference down the road is about $10k between years so makes no sense to throw away $10k on top of depreciation you take as soon as you drive it off the lot. I'll put it on hold and then hopefully catch 2024

So it seems they are still making 2023, I just got VIN assigned after waiting for 5 weeks, its 2023 VIN. I am not going to take it at this point since resale difference down the road is about $10k between years so makes no sense to throw away $10k on top of depreciation you take as soon as you drive it off the lot. I'll put it on hold and then hopefully catch 2024
That's interesting. Do they allow you to do that?

I read somewhere that if you reject delivery without any significant defects in a new vehicle you aren't allowed to place a new order until a year for the same model.

I could be 100% wrong but please double check with someone if you still want a car in the next few months.