Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a huge difference, especially considering it's half the price of the S.
Trying on kbb's website itself, a 2021 MYLR with 30k miles comes up as 36.7k tradein. 2022 is clocking in at 38k with same mileage

For Plaid, there doesn't seem to be enough data for 2022 and 23 models.

When I check autotrader listings, 2021 Plaids with ~10k miles seem to be listed for $75k give or take. 2022 for $77k give or take (under 10k miles bumps the price up to the 80s). 2023 not enough data (and the current listings are more than current MSRP which is dumb)

That's a huge difference, especially considering it's half the price of the S.

I sold my YP last month.

If you don’t need your car by the end of 2023 by all means wait for a 2024 vin.

But if you need it by year end unfortunately this year Tesla hasn’t issued any 2024 yet. And some folks who just got a vin today are getting EDD of 12/10-14. Meaning there’s only 10-14 days left to get a car by year end. If you get a vin after 12/15 there’s a chance you might miss delivery of a car by end of 2023.

Plaid, Red, $90k model, wheel. 19s. Black and CF interior. I'm going to ask for a two-week delay. Is there any specific language I should use to try and get them to re-assign my VIN to someone else?

I tried to do some quick research on kbb. I couldn't come up with a clear answer on the difference between model years and how it affects resale, but in the sale listings it's clear that '22 cars are worth a few thousand more than '21s. I'm thinking I'll keep the car for about 3 years, so I also tried to compare 2019s to 2020 cars, but that wasn't as clear.
What is the reason you have to take delivery in 2023?

If you truly think you could resell a 2024,for $10k more than a 2023, it would make sense to cancel and reorder. Except…. Your exact build is available in inventory in California right now. Chance are tgat if you cancelled and reordered you would lose your deposit and your referral discount ($500 total, not that big of a deal), and still end up with a ‘23, or someone else’s reject.

If you truly think you could resell a 2024,for $10k more than a 2023, it would make sense to cancel and reorder. Except…. Your exact build is available in inventory in California right now. Chance are tgat if you cancelled and reordered you would lose your deposit and your referral discount ($500 total, not that big of a deal), and still end up with a ‘23, or someone else’s reject.

If it's not what you expect, you must reject!

• Funny
Reactions: dn325ci and teko
Plaid, Red, $90k model, wheel. 19s. Black and CF interior. I'm going to ask for a two-week delay. Is there any specific language I should use to try and get them to re-assign my VIN to someone else?

I tried to do some quick research on kbb. I couldn't come up with a clear answer on the difference between model years and how it affects resale, but in the sale listings it's clear that '22 cars are worth a few thousand more than '21s. I'm thinking I'll keep the car for about 3 years, so I also tried to compare 2019s to 2020 cars, but that wasn't as clear.
If you’re only keeping a car for 3 years I really wouldn’t be concerned with resale value. You’re going to lose a fair amount of money on trade in no matter what. Unless 2024 has a feature that 2023 model doesn’t, won’t be that different.

Reactions: msm859
1701366102600.png

I think if Tesla does a light refresh (interior lighting etc.), you can be sure there will be a price increase. While you might be able to get more for a 2024 3 years down the road, you will probably end up paying more too.
Even if there is absolutely no difference, a '24 will always be worth more than a '23. People will just assume it's a year newer car, when really it's only a few days newer.

Reactions: teko
I think if Tesla does a light refresh (interior lighting etc.), you can be sure there will be a price increase. While you might be able to get more for a 2024 3 years down the road, you will probably end up paying more too.
Asking Not saying others likes are wrong! Why are people obsessed with LED light strips in the car? For me, last this I want is to feel like I’m driving around in a Tron washroom. Why is this such a Must Have? Kind of reminds me of when under glow lighting fad was so cool. Now it’s rather comical to be honest.