Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...yet another update. I went in to look it over. They replaced the bumper and the rocker panel they damaged the last attempt at repair. The fender is not flush...we had another argument and they are going to look to see what they can do. Fine. I go home and receive a message that night that the tech damaged the rocker panel they just replaced while adjusting it. You can't make this stuff up lol.

This is exactly what I have been trying to tell folks.

Stay the hell away from the SvC.

So anyone have any thoughts on whether gap insurance would be worthwhile?

In my situation - 2023 Plaid, financed $75k of it at 3.99% for 60 months. My gut feeling is even with it being a 2023, I probably won’t end up upside down. But I’m not sure — Elon could wake up today and decide to drop the prices another 20k

So anyone have any thoughts on whether gap insurance would be worthwhile?

In my situation - 2023 Plaid, financed $75k of it at 3.99% for 60 months. My gut feeling is even with it being a 2023, I probably won’t end up upside down. But I’m not sure — Elon could wake up today and decide to drop the prices another 20k
That's a really good rate. Congrats on getting that! Nothing under 5% around these parts. I always get gap because it's super cheap. No real downside - unless it's not cheap for you.

That's a really good rate. Congrats on getting that! Nothing under 5% around these parts. I always get gap because it's super cheap. No real downside - unless it's not cheap for you.
Yeah I found it thanks to these forums actually. FedChoice credit union. They’ve since raised the rates and seems like the best you can do with them is 5%. Which is still pretty good compared to what Tesla offered me (6.59 I believe)

Why are they waiting to switch model year this late? Really strange.

I think it makes a lot of sense NOT to switch to 2024 VIN right now for Tesla, as they know once they do that - many people who already got their 2023 VIN will cancel their reservations. ALSO, it makes sense for Tesla NOT to introduce any changes to the car before end of the year, so people will "learn" that Tesla indeed is not following model years and adding new features.

Reactions: Yelobird and teko
I think it makes a lot of sense NOT to switch to 2024 VIN right now for Tesla, as they know once they do that - many people who already got their 2023 VIN will cancel their reservations. ALSO, it makes sense for Tesla NOT to introduce any changes to the car before end of the year, so people will "learn" that Tesla indeed is not following model years and adding new features.
This was how it was for years. Dec 20th 2013 manufacture date was still a 2013 model year. It made sense to me since features are added and subtracted all the time, especially in the early years

They have to switch sooner or later. I ordered a plaid on November 24th, no vin yet. I would gladly give up the $250 to have a 2024 vin, you will get more than that back in resale value if you sell the car at any time in the future. If tesla wants to get rid of the 2023s, they should bump the price a little on the 2024 vin Plaid, maybe $2500 more.

Reactions: Septocaine and teko