Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What sort of aftermarket items are you thinking about?
The S3XY buttons look interesting.
It looks like they are developing turn signal stalk too. This is all money Tesla could recapture through retrofits at service center too. Sell something a lot of people don't like and then charge them to fix it.

I had no problem adjusting to the old Model S. I thought the largely touch based controls on the screen worked well. But they still kept some physical buttons for certain things. The new car seems to take it a step too far. Just my opinion of course and not everyone agrees.

Between my 2015 P90DL ("240 miles" @ 100%) and a MSP - it'll cut off hours of my drives to Austin, TX and be able to go to LAX - SAN - LAX without charging, which is a quality of life upgrade I need badly. Just trying to be patient.
I thought about a second order a week ago when it still said Dec delivery. But would have lost the $250 deposit and the $500 discount they had at the time. And no assurance the front bumper camera would come anyway in the next 4 weeks.

But all in all, this will be a big upgrade for me. I've seen everyone talking about Sentry and Autopilot/FSD for years and never got to see any of it on my car of course. But didn't really mind. Love the Signature Model S. And if I can keep this new car going for 9 years, that's 20 years of free long distance travel in a car. Not a bad deal.

The S3XY buttons look interesting.
It looks like they are developing turn signal stalk too. This is all money Tesla could recapture through retrofits at service center too. Sell something a lot of people don't like and then charge them to fix it.

I had no problem adjusting to the old Model S. I thought the largely touch based controls on the screen worked well. But they still kept some physical buttons for certain things. The new car seems to take it a step too far. Just my opinion of course and not everyone agrees.
I think the S3XY buttons product is cool. I think someone mentioned (I don't know really) you can even use them to implement the horn. There is also a S3XY knob.

Reactions: dsm363
Model SLR - Ultra Red - Black interior - Steering wheel - 19 wheels
Bay Area pickup
Est. Delivery: November 20 - December 25
Order Date: October 29th
No VIN

Hopefully I get to do a Fremont pickup again. Tesla Burlingame said Colma is their big pickup center. Upgrading from a Model S 2016 90D w/ 150k+ miles on it which we are keeping. Trade in estimate was $8k; but they said I'd probably get closer to $5k.

I just wanted to share my delivery experience from yesterday, which was nothing short of amazing. I picked up my Model S at Tesla in Colma, and I am blown away by this car.

The delivery process was smooth. Jayson, the Tesla rep, left me alone as I spent about 1.5 hours looking over the car. I used the Tesla Delivery Day Checklist by Mike Seuss, which proved to be incredibly helpful.

I'm incredibly happy with the build quality. The only minor issue was some tar on the rear, but they promptly cleaned it up. Also, the rear fold-down center console was a bit sticky initially, but it's working great now. I took my time driving around the lot for a final check, and everything else was perfect.

My partner and I absolutely loved the Tesla Caraoke feature. She had a blast singing on the way to dinner last night.

As an added bonus, I retained my free Full Self-Driving (FSD) for three months, thanks to a referral credit. Unfortunately, I didn't receive any cash bonuses, but that’s okay.

Why aren't more people buying this car? Apart from the price, it is an insanely good EV.

Attachments

• IMG_2882.JPEG
    IMG_2882.JPEG
    462.3 KB · Views: 31
Really strange to be getting a new Tesla after over a decade. Has been such a great car and I'm sure this new one will be a nice upgrade in many ways. Even with some of the questionable design decisions. Hopefully some of that can be fixed with aftermarket items and official retrofits over time.

But having over 300 miles of real world range will be great along with the faster charging.
My Model S Plaid with 21s had just about 300 miles of real world range. But, that was a bit of a stretch.

I don't think you'll need the buttons. After two years with it, I didn't really miss the turn stalks. Gear shift lever, maybe. The direction guessing software was pretty good, so I didn't often need to touch the screen. But, when you do and you get it wrong, it can be dangerous. You think you are in drive when you are actually in reverse, etc. That happened to me about once a month.

I didn't miss the horn. Everything else on the yoke / wheel was mostly reasonable.

Reactions: dsm363 and MP3Mike
Ordered an Ultra Red with cream and round wheel Plaid on Oct/20 in Vancouver. Delivery date was Dec2-Dec31 for nearly the entire time, then when Dec2 hit the date jumped to Feb18-April14..... I'm wondering if there was a glitch in their automated system since I had not yet had a VIN assigned and it rolled into the delivery window? Those dates don't even come close to matching the website on a new order if ordering today... Am I SOL?
That's odd. I wonder if there's some production delays on the cream interior? I ordered my ultra red on black with round wheel on the same day, I got my VIN on 11/11, and took delivery on the 27th.

Here on CT event day, my "through" date has been pushed out by two days, it now says Nov 30 -> Dec 18th. Interesting
Today we took delivery of our MS LR (Ultra red / cream / wheel). The payment system was acting wonky, so we had to get a cashier's check and come back. Other than that, everything was tip-top. Panels well-aligned, paint in very nice shape (but a bit difficult to really check -- it was drizzling rain), electronics working fine. No surprise bumper camera or interior lighting, but wow -- what an upgrade from our 2015. Here they are side-by-side:

Attachments

• FlynnAndBrin.jpeg
    FlynnAndBrin.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 20