Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model SLR - Stealth Gray - Black interior - Steering wheel - 19 wheels
Colorado pickup
First Deliver Est.: Oct-Nov 2023
Second through last night: Nov 8-Nov 29 2023
Today now says Est. Delivery: Nov 29 - Dec 31 2023
Order Date: October 27th
No VIN
So I went from thinking I’d get it really soon to kind of soon to hopefully by year end for my FUSC transfer from my 2016 facelift 75D model S.
Got Vin on 11/28. 2023 year. Originally scheduled delivery for Dec 9th. Yesterday they tried to get me to take delivery that day or today which didn’t work. They just called this morning and told me due to software updates they have to move to next week. Makes me wonder is it a software update or does my new car have issues they have to fix….I’ll find out on the 16th!

Had to cancel my order today (Model S Plaid)...have my VIN and was expected to schedule delivery for this coming Tuesday. Really bummed...but I'll get one next year when things have stabilized a bit more.

Question, per the order agreement language below - how much should I expect to be refunded? I paid for the car in FULL - including all fee's and sales tax. Am I out just the $250 order fee or will they charge me more at this point?

"At this point, you agree that any paid Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation fee have been earned. If you cancel your order or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order, you agree that we may retain as liquidated damages the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee, to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law. You acknowledge that the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee are a fair and reasonable estimate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in transporting, remarketing, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise impracticable or extremely difficult to determine."

Had to cancel my order today (Model S Plaid)...have my VIN and was expected to schedule delivery for this coming Tuesday. Really bummed...but I'll get one next year when things have stabilized a bit more.

Question, per the order agreement language below - how much should I expect to be refunded? I paid for the car in FULL - including all fee's and sales tax. Am I out just the $250 order fee or will they charge me more at this point?

"At this point, you agree that any paid Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation fee have been earned. If you cancel your order or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order, you agree that we may retain as liquidated damages the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee, to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law. You acknowledge that the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee are a fair and reasonable estimate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in transporting, remarketing, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise impracticable or extremely difficult to determine."
Ouch. Not sure about Texas, but in California if you put a deposit down on a car it is fully refundable if the deal does not go through. I thought that is why Tesla changed the $250 to an "order fee". Other than that I do not believe they would be able to get any transportation, remarking etc - at least in California. Also, not sure what the"remarking" is? Tesla does not advertise.

Really strange to be getting a new Tesla after over a decade. Has been such a great car and I'm sure this new one will be a nice upgrade in many ways. Even with some of the questionable design decisions. Hopefully some of that can be fixed with aftermarket items and official retrofits over time.

But having over 300 miles of real world range will be great along with the faster charging.
The faster charging is a HUGE bonus for me. I've had two previous Model S' and over the years the charging really slowed down. But this PLAID is a Beast and I LOVE her. I still am not thrilled with no stalks though. The horn situation is a joke and the turn signals are taking me some time to get used to. Overall I am very happy. You will be too!

The faster charging is a HUGE bonus for me. I've had two previous Model S' and over the years the charging really slowed down. But this PLAID is a Beast and I LOVE her. I still am not thrilled with no stalks though. The horn situation is a joke and the turn signals are taking me some time to get used to. Overall I am very happy. You will be too!
I have a box of 8 S3XY buttons in my office waiting for my car to arrive to fix both of those problems.

• Love
Reactions: Snardy
Has anyone charged at a v4 supercharger yet? It should charge faster than 250 kW. 288 to 312 kW should be possible.

Thanks. I’m sure I’ll get used to the turn signal and gear selection situation. But I agree, the horn is one I hope they do fix as promised. Or at least make a factory approved swap.