Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/21 order, LR, Red, 19", black & white, yoke
Ordered back then b/c I was told I will be in line for a 2024 VIN.

just got a 2023 vin PF531...
Tesla is asking for accepting the USS removal and that functions are limited with Tesla Vision. until future software updates. No problem to do so.
However, I am not sure about the 2023 VIN. Makes a big difference for me based on company policy how long I can drive a car before I have to replace. They are counting model year = vin. So one year less I could drive the car (4 instead of 5 years).

Waiting for feedback from my advisor about 2024 vin.

Tesla is asking for accepting the USS removal and that functions are limited with Tesla Vision. until future software updates. No problem to do so.
However, I am not sure about the 2023 VIN. Makes a big difference for me based on company policy how long I can drive a car before I have to replace. They are counting model year = vin. So one year less I could drive the car (4 instead of 5 years).

You'd likely lose deposit but might end up needing to place a second order since model year makes a difference for you.

Reactions: aerodyne
I took delivery of my MSLR Ultimate Red. Everything was perfect. I was trying to find defects - but didn’t find any (or I wasn’t looking hard enough). The only thing I noticed was when the door handle presents or goes back, there is a whirring sound. The delivery person said it is normal. But I don’t remember hearing it in my 2016 MS 85D.
Same color on order since 11/28 coming from white 2017 100D.

Do you mind sharing the VIN 6 digits (e.g 53xxxx) and if you know it the actual build date?

Thanks

I agreed to the Tesla Vision topic and got my EDD
Jan 6 - Jan 13

The handles do whirr, unlike my old 85D, so between us, it's normal.

The handles when extended, are sending some sort of high frequency buzzing sound. When I get close it changes. I'm thinking maybe it's Dojo?

Did you check the seats for wrinkles?
I did check. I didn’t see any. The car (the drive, the tight feel, etc.) feels different in a nice way compared to my 85D. It also seem smaller for whatever reason.

I have to find a comfort spot for my seating position. My knee leans on the handle while driving -and I am not tall (5’10”).

What is this fuss about ambient lighting? The MSLR that took delivery this week has ambient lighting. Is there something I am missing?
Referring to LED strips running along the trim like the model 3 highland and cybertruck. It was initially a promised feature for the refresh S/X and the wiring is actually present on all of them. So some speculate it is coming soon since Tesla finally released the feature on other models.

Reactions: aerodyne