Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope.

Nope. Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

R

OEMs are allowed to start making 2024 model year vehicles starting as early as 1/2/2023 or as late as 12/31/2024. (But once they start making a specific model year they can continue to make that model year for as long as they want.)

I assume that they could start making 2025 model year vehicles on 1/2/2024 if they wanted to.
Wow. I did not know that. Thanks for clarifying.

Except last year, they were 2023s by now, one would assume the change over by now based on Tesla and past history.
Yup, for the last few years Tesla model year switch over was around November. Now just a couple of days to the new year and no mention of 2024 cars. Tesla is not trying to be like any other company and changes things up anytime.

When the car comes in, they buyer can inspect and refuse. That includes rejecting because the model year doesn't meet the buyer's criteria.

Greater than Zero chance someone here will be offered a car on New Years Eve.

Most likely a reject or '23, or both!

Ask me how I know....😁
I just found my exact configuration is available in inventory but up in Dallas (we live in Austin). It didn’t tie to my account in the app or say “earlier delivery available” though. I wonder if they’d ship it down to me before EOY?

Reactions: zoomer0056
11/16 OD MSLR Stealth/Cream

Just got my VIN. 2023 but with a weird message (& them wanting me to accept the changes):

Your Model S will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving capability (if applicable). In the future, your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates. Learn more

Just got my VIN. 2023 but with a weird message (& them wanting me to accept the changes):

Your Model S will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving capability (if applicable). In the future, your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates. Learn more
That's not weird, it's normal for the Vision Only configuration. They've been asking for acknowledgement like this for awhile now.

I got the same message today when I was notified of VIN assignment in the app.

Btw, what's "OD" mean?

MS LR Red, cream inside 19 inch autopilot steering wheel
Ordered 11/21
Still waiting for VIN
Edd 12/28-31

I live 15 miles far from freemont

I want 24 vin but i am also sick of waiting since i sold my m3

I am tax credit eligible based on 2022 income, but not any more, i dont want to change my mind to performance MY suddenly

Reactions: teko
MS LR Red, cream inside 19 inch autopilot steering wheel
Ordered 11/21
Still waiting for VIN
Edd 12/28-31

I live 15 miles far from freemont

I want 24 vin but i am also sick of waiting since i sold my m3

I am tax credit eligible based on 2022 income, but not any more, i dont want to change my mind to performance MY suddenly
Based on the above drone vid of Fremont, you might get a '24. If not, you could reject it. Either way, it's coming soon, may your panels be aligned and paint defect free...

Reactions: zoomer0056 and teko
Based on the above drone vid of Fremont, you might get a '24. If not, you could reject it. Either way, it's coming soon, may your panels be aligned and paint defect free...

What did you see on the flyover that confirm this? All I was able to gather by watching it many times with my untrained eye and comparing it with previous weeks is that the tesla lot is overstocked with new cars... and that's potential because of holiday trucker availability? There was an area with a handful of MS/MX, but they are still producing '23 VINs per comments on this forums.

Well *sugar*. Last working day of the year and they assign me a '23 VIN, and an old one too. PF530xxx. GTFO.
If you're not ordering for Supercharging transfer for any other pressing issue, I'd just cancel and reorder if VIN year is that important. The car will be identical most likely but small chance you might get that front bumper camera that was rumored a few months ago but never happened.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot