Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It def looks ok. I agree with the points made before, and add:

The flaps are self trimming...😉

They eliminate almost all the rock chips on the rear quarter panel.

They give early warning when approaching an entrance that you need to raise the suspension.
lol that's funny. You know, I thought about just leaving them and letting nature take its course, but it's really loud when they scrape. I don't have my old cammed, ported and headered 6.2L LS3 rumbling to drown out that sound anymore :D

Reactions: zoomer0056
lol that's funny. You know, I thought about just leaving them and letting nature take its course, but it's really loud when they scrape. I don't have my old cammed, ported and headered 6.2L LS3 rumbling to drown out that sound anymore :D

Not as loud or painful as hearing the front end scrape when you forget to hit the suspension button.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Definitely. I'll take a pic shortly
@krammar81 here are a couple pics. Hard to get any detail with the way the sun is right now along with the color of my car.

1703953632231.png

1703953665996.png

1703953703969.png

Reactions: aerodyne
True enough, and generally agree with your point that it's not worth stressing over, but just wanted to add that part of the game is avoiding a price increase if you are anticipating one. But it's all good.
I can’t predict the next pricing move but IMO in medium term prices are coming down. To expand the buyer base for S they have to take market share from BMW 5 series and equivalent. Which means base price needs to come to mid 60Ks. An almost 30K price differential between M3P and MSLR will not last. And 3 and Y are more likely to further cheapen.

Reactions: teko
I can’t predict the next pricing move but IMO in medium term prices are coming down. To expand the buyer base for S they have to take market share from BMW 5 series and equivalent. Which means base price needs to come to mid 60Ks. An almost 30K price differential between M3P and MSLR will not last. And 3 and Y are more likely to further cheapen.
They did just drop the price on the plaid by $43k. I can't imagine going lower. I guess it depends on how many more offensive tweets Elon puts out, driving away buyers.

But historically they have dropped the prices on the S/X and then raised them again when there's some new thing or big update.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
If they target mid 60s, I think that’ll be with a standard range model rather than dropping the plaid and LR much lower.

65k SR, 75K LR, 90k Plaid seems like a reasonable lineup.

Reactions: teko
Update:
Delivery scheduled for today at home. I live within 30 miles of Carlsbad CA delivery center. Thought this must be part of the end of quarter push.
Ordered: 11/25
EDD: Nov 2023 - Dec 2023
EDD: Dec 14th - Dec 31
EDD: Dec 15th - Dec 31
Daily updates until Dec 23rd
EDD: Dec 25th - Dec 31
VIN: Dec 29th - PF531xxx
Delivery Scheduled: Dec 30th (12pm - 2pm)

Going to go charge the old car for free for the last time and look forward to our belated Christmas present of brand new Blue/White/Yoke/19s

Absolutely excited and can't wait for this upgrade from our 2015 P90DL

They did just drop the price on the plaid by $43k. I can't imagine going lower. I guess it depends on how many more offensive tweets Elon puts out, driving away buyers.

But historically they have dropped the prices on the S/X and then raised them again when there's some new thing or big update.
Opinion Only! The MS-X pricing mega drop was to offset the all but stopped interest in the Model 3 customers awaiting the Highland update scheduled for early 24’. Loosing that market was nearly 1/3 of their annual sales in Q3-4. Few will pull the trigger on a M3 knowing the much improved version is around the corner. (I know I would wait). Pumping MS-X units to balance revenue was a power play with incentives (FSD, charge transfer, etc). Once Highland is pumping at capacity in Fremont you can be certain MS-X costs will raise to slow that train down. Again, my Opinion.

Reactions: StalkOrNoStalk
Agree with @terranx and would add a note that the upcoming revised M5 & M5 Competition will extend the 5 to a family price range of 60K - 135K, perhaps a bit more with options. I don't think Tesla will add that level of manufacturing complexity to match the 5 model for model.

Possibly but I doubt it. They announced MSSR in Aug, and then not a peep. It is a product with horrible positioning.
At the 80k it was initially announced at, it wasn’t very compelling. At 65k I could see people buying it.

Now for Tesla to not lose money on it, I think the best bet would be to go with an actual reduced capacity pack instead of software limited like originally planned