Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a greater than zero chance Tesla will nerf the charging speeds on the competition.

Double edge sword. They charge non Tesla's more per kwh, so why not let the competition charge as fast as possible to charge more per minute and free up the stall for the next customer? Of course if they really want to game it, they'll only do that when the SCs are crowded.

Reactions: teko and zoomer0056
I can’t predict the next pricing move but IMO in medium term prices are coming down. To expand the buyer base for S they have to take market share from BMW 5 series and equivalent. Which means base price needs to come to mid 60Ks. An almost 30K price differential between M3P and MSLR will not last. And 3 and Y are more likely to further cheapen.

The only estimate I've seen for how much it costs them to make an MSP is $93K. Granted, that estimate is from an article written when MSRP was a lot higher. But still, I can't imagine they're making any money on the S right now especially after factoring in warranty service/repairs.

Reactions: aerodyne
They did just drop the price on the plaid by $43k. I can't imagine going lower. I guess it depends on how many more offensive tweets Elon puts out, driving away buyers.

But historically they have dropped the prices on the S/X and then raised them again when there's some new thing or big update.

Hmm, didn't it go from $135.9 to $89.9 for the MSP? That would be $46 for a white one and $48.5K drop for an UR.

It was $130k base when I bought. $2500 for red. So, $42.5k cheaper now for red.

OK, so that's what you paid. But you said they "They did just drop the price on the plaid by $43k." which is not true. They dropped the price $46K for the base with no options.

Once you factor in the price drop of other options like paint and FSD, they dropped the price over $50K.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
OK, so that's what you paid. But you said they "They did just drop the price on the plaid by $43k." which is not true. They dropped the price $46K for the base with no options.

Once you factor in the price drop of other options like paint and FSD, they dropped the price over $50K.
Oh wow, you are right. I didn't notice that price increase or forgot about it since mine was already locked in.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and sorka
It def looks ok. I agree with the points made before, and add:

The flaps are self trimming...😉

They eliminate almost all the rock chips on the rear quarter panel.

They give early warning when approaching an entrance that you need to raise the suspension.
Thanks for saying what many seem to dance around. Rock chips minimized.

Have you considered Rally Armor or TSportline? I like the idea of TS's carbon fiber look, but if it fails it's primary purpose...

Lastly do you know if your paint near or in contact with the mud flaps remains undamaged?

Thanks for saying what many seem to dance around. Rock chips minimized.

Have you considered Rally Armor or TSportline? I like the idea of TS's carbon fiber look, but if it fails it's primary purpose...

Lastly do you know if your paint near or in contact with the mud flaps remains undamaged?
I did not consider aftermarket since the OEM were reasonably priced, and have held up well. However the car is never driven on dirt, gravel, or in the rain, and although I don't have any significant damage under the one flap I removed, that might not be typical.

The flaps will are self removing in a frangible sense if you go over a large speed bump with the suspension not in high...

A few others here have ordered these from Yeslak so I ordered a set. Got their Black Friday deal so a set of four was only $20.00 more than 2 OEM. I also have the OEM set which I think may have been re-designed because they are shorter and more flexible than people were saying. Now I just need the car to try them on 😉.

Reactions: zoomer0056
How much lower in price was the demo?
We didn't get too specific on pricing but about $1000.00 and very near 1 thousand miles. It had 21" wheels and we really need 19" because of shitty roads. I knew they had it because it's been there awhile accumulating miles. They really weren't pushy about it just offering. We'll wait for a new build.