Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But Tesla never said how much their "comfort and functionality" improvements decreased range just that it was a factor. It could very well be the EPA's change accounts for 35 miles and Tesla's vibration change is the other 2 miles making 2 miles the REAL range reduction...which I can live with.
You can speculate like that if you wish, but that is pure speculation. Tesla makes "comfort and functionality" changes all the time, many of which have brought range improvements from better efficiencies. I would wager that the car is unchanged, and a 70 mph highway test would yield similar results to 2023.

You can speculate like that if you wish, but that is pure speculation. Tesla makes "comfort and functionality" changes all the time, many of which have brought range improvements from better efficiencies. I would wager that the car is unchanged, and a 70 mph highway test would yield similar results to 2023.

Except the 2 mile reduction, which was not factored into the EPA rating since it was so recent, is not speculation. What would be speculation is guessing if Tesla's stated 2 mile reduction is accurate or if it's actually more than 2 miles. There's been a lot of feedback in the other threads on the effectiveness of the fix. I'd also speculate that if there was much more than that, folks would have noticed the range went down and mentioned it.

Thanks to @MP3Mike for putting 2+2 together....or in this case 35 + 2 ;)

Reactions: aerodyne
Sounds right. I barely managed 300 miles on my plaid with 21" wheels. 265 was a realistic trip without too much stress.
I skimmed though the video again, and yes 367 miles was the 100% range test number, though Kyle Connor achieved the number by going past 0% which most drivers wouldn't do. It was a pretty optimum temperature day, but I was reasonably impressed by the result given it was a 70mph test and not a lower speed test.

So the new 359 EPA range estimate for the 2024 Plaid sounds quite accurate in context. Drivers running 80-20% on the pack would get 215 miles, or 90-10% would yield 287 miles.

Maybe. Again your speculation. Who knows what they tested and when relative to when service bulletins are published.

Again, it's not speculation that their stated 2 mile reduction wasn't factored into their 396 mile EPA range. They continued to list 396 miles after the fix rolled out to everyone. Obviously that 2 mile reduction is now included in new EPA range. That is not speculation.

Well - I'm hoping I can still get 300 miles with 2 bikes on the top. I know that will affect range. And of course, keep 10% at the bottom and only charge to 80% on the road ... 300 x 70% = 210 miles between super chargers. That's what I need for my road trips. Hoping for more but I don't really know how much the bikes will kill range.

Edit: I really need/want a Cybertruck with 500 miles of EPA range. ;)

Well - I'm hoping I can still get 300 miles with 2 bikes on the top. I know that will affect range. And of course, keep 10% at the bottom and only charge to 80% on the road ... 300 x 70% = 210 miles between super chargers. That's what I need for my road trips. Hoping for more but I don't really know how much the bikes will kill range.

2 bikes on top will have a huge impact :(

Again, it's not speculation that their stated 2 mile reduction wasn't factored into their 396 mile EPA range. They continued to list 396 miles after the fix rolled out to everyone. Obviously that 2 mile reduction is now included in new EPA range. That is not speculation.
So you're saying the 2 mile reduction IS factored into the new 359 range estimate. I don't know, but I imagine you're probably right. They've been working on that fix for some time.

Reactions: sorka

I can pretty confidently say no way, bro. No way.

So you're saying the 2 mile reduction IS factored into the new 359 range estimate. I don't know, but I imagine you're probably right. They've been working on that fix for some time.
I guess my question would be is is it truly only 2 mile reduction under the new methodology. The old methodology would use the best case scenario (i.e chill mode), and perhaps the changes they made are less pronounced when the car is limited to 300ish hp.

I guess my question would be is is it truly only 2 mile reduction under the new methodology. The old methodology would use the best case scenario (i.e chill mode), and perhaps the changes they made are less pronounced when the car is limited to 300ish hp.
I don't know - could be. We're speculating on that, but it seems likely that the new 359 EPA number for 100-0% probably contains this fix and others.

If the range drops too much, I will cancel. The only reason I wanted the LR was range. On the other hand if the new EPA number just more accurately represents real world range, I'm OK with that. I guessing real world is around 300 miles? (75MPH, 3 adults plus luggage, headwind, AC running, etc.)
It is. My LR with 19s lifetime range is 313 miles when charged to 100% and that driving it fairly hard, but mostly all freeway miles.

Reactions: Chip Geek
Let's see if I can get this all correct MSLR ultra red, black interior, steering wheel, 19" wheels. Ordered on January 11, VIN assigned February 2nd, window Feb 13-21. But I spoke with my service advisor and said it would be in tomorrow. Indianapolis. No price adjustment for color either. Same as when I ordered it.

They're saying you can pick it up tomorrow?