Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the only thing that makes sense as they can't execute on their promise to re-enable park assist and auto park without the front camera. I'm pretty sure a lot of folks are going to be pissed (in the legal sense) if they don't offer the front camera as a free retrofit.
Wondering about this too. Tesla Vision park assist has improved a lot from what I’ve seen/read recently. It’s creeping closer to parity with USS. I wonder if that’s the reason they 86’d the camera on the Highlands. I know that Elon loves to have teams competing to deliver on his “first principles.” If it’s possible with software/AI without additional hardware, Elon will always veto the latter.

Edit: I could see him relenting on a bumper cam for CT, as it sits up very high with a longer front overhang, making it difficult for the front facing cams to see front facing objects. Also for offroad applications (rocks, boulders, uneven terrain etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: ragweedd
So I know many including myself have posted that the S/X have the RGB lighting wiring already. That definitely used to be true, but looks like that changed at some point. Decided to pop off one of the trim pieces in my car, and the wiring isn't present. So I think a retrofit is much less likely

1709365245816.png

You can see the wiring in this youtube video.
(skip to 3:37)

Not sure at what point they removed it

So I know many including myself have posted that the S/X have the RGB lighting wiring already. That definitely used to be true, but looks like that changed at some point. Decided to pop off one of the trim pieces in my car, and the wiring isn't present. So I think a retrofit is much less likely

View attachment 1023818

You can see the wiring in this youtube video.
(skip to 3:37)

Not sure at what point they removed it

Model S LR built Jan 2023 and mine has the trim wiring.

General question here: how does everyone feel about yoke steering vs regular steering wheel ?
There are a bunch of threads on that but the round steering wheel is the safer bet if you don't get a chance to test drive it with a yoke. No one hates the round steering wheel, not everyone likes the yoke.