Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some advice and wisdom here. Tesla came back with my trade in for my 2021 M3P with FSD, $17,000. There’s some damage on the rear right quarter panel from a hit and run in a parking lot. Carvana offered me $29,000, and they know about the damage. So that’s a difference of $12k, which is the cost of the FSD. Is Tesla just dropping the value by $12k because I am doing the free FSD transfer to my new model S? If so, this doesn’t seem like a free FSD transfer. It’s a, “we’re deducting the cost of FSD from your trade in” kind of deal, so I’m not actually saving $12k at all by transferring FSD to the new vehicle. Anyone have experience with this? What would you do here?
I would trade into carvana and not bother with fsd personally.

My guess is they’re deducting more for the damage than carvana. I doubt either company is valuing fsd particularly highly

I would trade into carvana and not bother with fsd personally.

My guess is they’re deducting more for the damage than carvana. I doubt either company is valuing fsd particularly highly
Makes it hard for me to justify getting the S then, was sold on it because of the free transfer. Logic was to then keep the model S until it doesn’t work anymore since it would make an excellent family car, and pretty great for roadtrips for the wife and I.

Makes it hard for me to justify getting the S then, was sold on it because of the free transfer. Logic was to then keep the model S until it doesn’t work anymore since it would make an excellent family car, and pretty great for roadtrips for the wife and I.
Which is fine if that’s what you value. The 3 is still a good car

Personally after experiencing the fsd trial, I’m glad I don’t have it. I’d pay money to get rid of fsd.

Need some advice and wisdom here. Tesla came back with my trade in for my 2021 M3P with FSD, $17,000. There’s some damage on the rear right quarter panel from a hit and run in a parking lot. Carvana offered me $29,000, and they know about the damage. So that’s a difference of $12k, which is the cost of the FSD. Is Tesla just dropping the value by $12k because I am doing the free FSD transfer to my new model S? If so, this doesn’t seem like a free FSD transfer. It’s a, “we’re deducting the cost of FSD from your trade in” kind of deal, so I’m not actually saving $12k at all by transferring FSD to the new vehicle. Anyone have experience with this? What would you do here?
You can sell it elsewhere and still do the FSD transfer. It won't decrease the value of the car by much if anything

Reactions: zoomer0056
To be honest I don’t really care if Tesla offers the retrofit just as long as they don’t go out of their way to make it impossible. With the exception of the taillights all the things you mention can be and have been done (the steam retrofit Tesla will do if you ask and pay)
Even the headlights and tail lights can be done. ANY of this can be done if you have enough money, time, and patience, and know-how.

I sure hope that MSLR ordered Dec. 8 and still no VIN with EDD of March 12-31 us delivered in that window. I've seen people post on here where some are claiming that they placed orders less than 1 month ago and already have VIN with EDD window within days. I hope my patience will pays off. It would be awesome to have the front bumper camera and claim 5000 supercharging miles. I am hoping to take delivery before March 31st. Why do I have a feeling that my EDD will get pushed just outside that EDD past the 31st?View attachment 1025416

All earlier pickups do not match my configuration. Not willing to settle on another color either.
View attachment 1025417

I had the exact same order date and configuration. Taking delivery tomorrow morning. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Was just quoted 6K for full PPF on MSLR. Is that pretty typical ? +900 for ceramic tint (all windows including windshield)
That pretty much matches my quotes exactly. XPEL PPF and ceramic tint. My installer said that XPEL doesn't have the patterns available yet for 2024 Model S (which I confirmed on XPEL's website) -- I told them I don't think anything has changed compared to 2023.

Reactions: mistaDubZ

Yup, and if you paid $12K for FSD, then there's not really a benefit to the transfer like if you'd paid $3K a long time ago.

I'm confused. It seems like you're trying to get FSD transferred but sell your old car with FSD. What did Carvana offer if you sold it to them without FSD?