Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
390 is 10 more than rated for 21". I've never seen a Tesla display more or less when brand new until this year. Now we have the MSP 19" displaying only 347 fully charged instead of 359 (yet the same car displays the correct 320 when setting changed to 21").

And now we have your saying 390 instead of 380. How strange.

Don't take anyone's word on what they say they will fix. As per policy, for damage, cosmetic issues, and NVH issues, you must submit a service request in the app within 100 miles and 24 hours (whichever comes first) to document your issues or they technically don't have to address them.
Yes, I was (positively) surprised too (re: range), but I guess it is probably good that it shows what it is, rather than Tesla rounding or tweaking the number to just show 380/402.

Who cares, those hub caps look terrible. My 2018 Model S 75D gets over 300 miles of range with real wheels and no covers. A new 2024 Model S gets 400 miles with those ugly things on. You can literally take them off and see NICE wheels underneath, see the brakes, and buy an $18 Amazon Tesla center cap for $20. Looks 100% better, like older Model S's, and big freaking deal. Instead of getting 400 miles you get 370 miles per charge. Unless that 30 miles is going to get you stranded each day, I see no point of a $90K car looking like crap with those plastic covers.

Reactions: cwanja
Who cares, those hub caps look terrible. My 2018 Model S 75D gets over 300 miles of range with real wheels and no covers. A new 2024 Model S gets 400 miles with those ugly things on. You can literally take them off and see NICE wheels underneath, see the brakes, and buy an $18 Amazon Tesla center cap for $20. Looks 100% better, like older Model S's, and big freaking deal. Instead of getting 400 miles you get 370 miles per charge. Unless that 30 miles is going to get you stranded each day, I see no point of a $90K car looking like crap with those plastic covers.
Why are you yelling?

• Funny
Reactions: rfmurphy81
Who really cares lol. If he likes the hub caps let him be

Last edited:
Reactions: cwanja
Settle down. Sensitive much? I think they look good. To each his own. If he likes them that’s great.

Re: the center console gear thing, I have found that I have to touch one of the buttons with the brake depressed to activate it, which takes almost a second, at which point the lights come on, and then I can select D or R or whatever, and that works, but also with a slight delay. BTW: when I did this at the dealer, the salesperson was super-surprised: had never seen this aspect of the car. I used this method to get the car going for a while but the interface delays finally got to me and I mostly just use the screen now.
For me it was lighting up and it would disappear very quickly anyways a reboot fixed it. Thanks

View attachment 1033398
It looks like they beat on the hinges with a hammer and then applied touch up paint. Rear driver's side door.
Proper fix is to remover the doors and repaint the jambs.

1712863955412.png

Yeah, they didn't do anything like that. They slobbered on some touch up paint. They didn't even clean up the paint chips from the carpet on the inside of the car from the hammering. Incredible.

Touchup paint isn't a real solution as it comes right off with lacquer thinner and many other solvents that are occasionally used two stage automatic epoxy paints. I'd have them strip the hinges. Paint on car hinges looks cheap anyways.