Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody from California receive their 2023 MY already? My pick up date is 10-31, hoping that the hold on 2023 MY's isn't just for Cali but it sure looks like it.
did you actually set a date and time?
mine is still showing 0ct 31 - Nov 7.
i haven't paid anything or did insurance. i always wait until i get an actual date and time set.
i think people in cali are waiting for a CA release.

i guess my MYP will get USS? i don't see the vision notice anywhere in the account.
PF584XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

i wonder if the people not getting the notice will get the older cameras?

i'm hoping for updated cameras and rear cargo cover!!!

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
did you actually set a date and time?
mine is still showing 0ct 31 - Nov 7.
i haven't paid anything or did insurance. i always wait until i get an actual date and time set.
i think people in cali are waiting for a CA release.

i guess my MYP will get USS? i don't see the vision notice anywhere in the account.
PF584XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

i wonder if the people not getting the notice will get the older cameras?

i'm hoping for updated cameras and rear cargo cover!!!
Yes, I confirmed it yesterday, everything is set, just have to pick it up. Hopefully

574,XXX

2023 or USS, it is obvious USS because:
  1. Any serious future Tesla buyers will know model year does not matter in terms of vehicle features.
  2. After all, Elon is not the product manager, so his words on twitter are more of false promises from those VPs and PMs. Relying on cameras will be in a beta state and not reliable as USS for a while. Take FSD for example.
  3. The USS will be significant as Intel vs AMD graphic chips situation. Car value will depend on this.
Best senario is 2023 model with USS, but hopefully NF574,XXX will come with USS.
It’s hard to know because it could go the other way. The non-USS Model Y may come with 5mp cameras and if the vision only works soon enough as well as the USS system does, future buyers will definitely want the meaningful camera upgrade.

We ordered a 2023 MYP from inventory in Colorado Springs, CO. Delivery was scheduled for Monday 10/31 - got a text this morning saying the car was ready for pickup and was at the site early. Tried to schedule delivery today - they first said we could do that, but now called back and said that they are still awaiting on 2023 approval for cars built in Fremont. Austin cars apparently have the approval and can be delivered (we had someone on the thread take home delivery of an Austin built 2023 yesterday). They don't currently know when they'll get approval - told me they'd call back and let me know.

Last edited:
We picked up a 2023 MYP from inventory in Colorado Springs, CO. Delivery was scheduled for Monday 10/31 - got a text this morning saying the car was ready for pickup and was at the site early. Tried to schedule delivery today - they first said we could do that, but now called back and said that they are still awaiting on 2023 approval for cars built in Fremont. Austin cars apparently have the approval and can be delivered (we had someone on the thread take home delivery of an Austin built 2023 yesterday). They don't currently know when they'll get approval - told me they'd call back and let me know.
Man what the hell. I am in Denver/Aurora and I tried to pick up a MYLR from Austin on Saturday and have been told I cant pick it up due to a software update.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pricedm
We ordered a 2023 MYP from inventory in Colorado Springs, CO. Delivery was scheduled for Monday 10/31 - got a text this morning saying the car was ready for pickup and was at the site early. Tried to schedule delivery today - they first said we could do that, but now called back and said that they are still awaiting on 2023 approval for cars built in Fremont. Austin cars apparently have the approval and can be delivered (we had someone on the thread take home delivery of an Austin built 2023 yesterday). They don't currently know when they'll get approval - told me they'd call back and let me know.
Based on this article - it didn't seem to be factory specific on deliveries:

I'm assuming Tesla expects to be able to sell the 2023 Y's by 10/31 since so many of us had that as the scheduled date. Kind of frustrating that regulatory approvals are holding up delivery for a car that's sitting on the lot waiting for us. Especially since most of the approvals are emissions testing... which obviously don't apply here.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Anybody from California receive their 2023 MY already? My pick up date is 10-31, hoping that the hold on 2023 MY's isn't just for Cali but it sure looks like it.
Yes, I’m in Northern California and received my VIN yesterday for a MYLR 5-seat, blue with tow hitch and FSD - also got the call from Tesla saying it would be available by the 29th. I did not get the no-USS warning in the app. Honestly, I’d rather get the upgraded cameras than USS, so I’m a little concerned

Remember that no one has confirmed the cameras have been updated on 2023 vehicles. All we know is the housings and gaskets around the lens have changed and according to M3 owners on Reddit, those new housings/gaskets are on cars from back in September.
So even if you get a car with the new housing/gasket, we don't know if the cameras are 5MP or just the old 1.2MP ones.

Reactions: ord3r
Remember that no one has confirmed the cameras have been updated on 2023 vehicles. All we know is the housings and gaskets around the lens have changed and according to M3 owners on Reddit, those new housings/gaskets are on cars from back in September.
So even if you get a car with the new housing/gasket, we don't know if the cameras are 5MP or just the old 1.2MP ones.
Yea and we don’t know if it’s the Shanghai cars that have them… as the “leak” was in a Chinese document. Usually there is a few weeks or months delay till things are introduced in NA market.

Reactions: SpaceKa
Housing pairs with lens, they are down to millimeter precision. Not possible to change housing on old modules as optical will be affected so new housing = new lens/imaging sensor

What's odd is DOT88 got their car (if I'm reading their VIN right) from Fremont and it's a 2023 MYLR 7 seater ... so maybe just MYP are waiting on approvals still? Or their local Tesla didn't comply with regulatory approvals haha.
Highly likely local delivery team screwed up, given how fast Tesla is moving and how chaotic we have seen among internal teams regarding delivery experience. Technically someone can report to EPA but who would, everyone here is fan haha

Highly likely local delivery team screwed up, given how fast Tesla is moving and how chaotic we have seen among internal teams regarding delivery experience. Technically someone can report to EPA but who would, everyone here is fan haha
Haha yeah - I spoke again with my service center and they said it is possible they've gotten approvals for certain trims so DOT88's being a MYLR 7 seater and mine being MYP, it is possible.

He made it seem like there was a hard stop in their system not allowing him to proceed with delivery for our MYP (like it wasn't even possible to advance past that screen in their system) - but that could have been just what they told me and there's a big **DO NOT DELIVER** message on top that they are just adhering to haha.

I was able to ask my SA if I had USS once I had my VIN. I’d recommend reaching out. Also, some folks have reported having to sign something in the Tesla app once vin was assigned saying they accept their car without USS. If you haven’t gotten that yet, you might have USS.
SA knows nothing about that. And signing that is universal. Reports showing people signed but still got delivered with a 2022 model with USS