Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I spoke with Tesla today regarding the 2023 VIN. And the guy said "Yeah if you get your car right now it's a perfect sweetspot since you get all the good updates such as better suspension and other small improvements AND you get to keep the USS. The upcoming 2023 VIN updates will be a bit deeper backseats but that's not worth losing the USS over for now".

So I spoke with Tesla today regarding the 2023 VIN. And the guy said "Yeah if you get your car right now it's a perfect sweetspot since you get all the good updates such as better suspension and other small improvements AND you get to keep the USS. The upcoming 2023 VIN updates will be a bit deeper backseats but that's not worth losing the USS over for now".
Oh man, if that is correct then that is pretty sweet. I expected USS to disappear exactly with 2023 VINs. I guess I missed the sweet spot by 1 week. Will have USS but will have the latest possible 2022 made. If I reject this VIN I probably will end up with a non-USS 2023 so I guess I'll just keep my VIN unless there is some other issue with the car at delivery.

Did he imply that the suspension change is for 2023 only? I read that this had changed awhile ago unless they have changed it once again.

Oh man, if that is correct then that is pretty sweet. I expected USS to disappear exactly with 2023 VINs. I guess I missed the sweet spot by 1 week. Will have USS but will have the latest possible 2022 made. If I reject this VIN I probably will end up with a non-USS 2023 so I guess I'll just keep my VIN unless there is some other issue with the car at delivery.

Did he imply that the suspension change is for 2023 only? I read that this had changed awhile ago unless they have changed it once again.
I'm in the same boat. Vinned this week but got a high number 22. Same questions here. Still holding out hope that it has matrix, but the rationale me knows that ship has sailed.

Any mention of LRMY getting Matrix lights moving forward? I’d have to think they’re trying to get through their supply of “old” headlights then all cars will be on Matrix moving forward.
Most recent cars have gone back to the old lights and Austin never shipped any with Matrix. I was hoping they were going to go to them permanently but seems like they aren't for now.

Looks like 2023 Model Ys are starting to pop up in inventory. I wish I had time to go take a look at it - this one is right up the road from me.

D756F164-D24D-40CB-BBD1-B1770C2648AD.png

Last edited:

No he said that the new suspension is in place since a couple of months back. So now a MYLR will be more comfortable than MYP.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Just got my Vin, 2023
PF582…
San Diego
MYLR red, black interior, hitch, reg wheels, no Upgraded self drive
original order march 2022
Delivery oct 23-nov 5

looks like Fremont has now clearly moved to 2023 for both P and LR
Excited to take delivery of my first Tesla
you might be the first MYLR with 2022 VIN
Now the question is: does ultrasonic sensor associated with model year or not. Let us know!

No he said that the new suspension is in place since a couple of months back. So now a MYLR will be more comfortable than MYP.
Thanks. For new suspension I may have rejected my VIN but that is good to know mine will have whatever changes were made a few months ago. I certainly will benefit from the USS in my tight garage space so happy to still have those. I'll live with having an end of 2022 vehicle.

With all due respect, I asked if you received a 2023 VIN fora Model Y. You have posted twice that you did. In both posts your Order date is listed for a Model 3 Performance. Model 3 2023 VINs in North America have been issued since Early October. I’m guessing You apparently have a Model 3, not a Model Y.
I’m not an idiot, I know how to read. I have two orders in. @Skipcam

C44D03B2-B8BE-4C6F-8A83-1D95816653DB.jpeg

Last edited: