Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been MYLR 2023 VINs reported...in this very thread none the less.
See posts #29, #48 and #50 for three such examples.
I think they have fully switched over now in N. America. I doubt we will see any new 2022 VINs.
Damn, i was whole heartedly wrong on that one, my bad. Will tripple check in the future before answering, no idea how i got that wrong and missed the LR's in here

Reactions: arbitrage000
My SA (whom I know personally for some years now) told me that all Model Y's built as of October 17th will be 2023 model year. He did state the new back seats as on the Chinese models are making their way, but he has not seen one with it yet.
Does your friend know if the October 17th switch to 2023 production corresponds to the removal of USS? Or is there a short Goldilocks period where one may get a 2023 VIN but still have the USSs as mentioned by a previous poster?

When would I get the "No USS notice" during delivery? I received my VIN yesterday (7SAYGAEE8PF) with delivery date of 10/29 (Palm Springs, CA). I thought I should have received some sort of "hey your car isn't going to have USS anymore because we're changing to Tesla Vision" and yet I haven't seen that notice anywhere yet. Am I going to have some unicorn 2023 with USS? Or will this notice happen sometime before my Delivery Date. My next step is "Make Your Final Payment"

Reactions: ord3r
When would I get the "No USS notice" during delivery? I received my VIN yesterday (7SAYGAEE8PF) with delivery date of 10/29 (Palm Springs, CA). I thought I should have received some sort of "hey your car isn't going to have USS anymore because we're changing to Tesla Vision" and yet I haven't seen that notice anywhere yet. Am I going to have some unicorn 2023 with USS? Or will this notice happen sometime before my Delivery Date. My next step is "Make Your Final Payment"
That is the million dollar question. One user was told by his SA that there is a unicorn (or goldilocks) period right now where the first 2023s still have USS. So far I haven't read of anyone taking delivery of a 2023 so no one has confirmed if the early 2023 VINs have USS or not. Let us know what happens with yours. I'm sure we will get some reports on 2023 deliveries this week.

Removal of USS honestly can be very disastrous for Tesla. If it doesn't operate the way it's suppose to or if the camera is dirty and causes an accident that would suck. I think at this point receiving USS would be better than not vs the debate I want 2022 vs 2023. Heck the software ain't even released. Tsla probably should've released prior to removal of USS.

super strange, just got an update on both ordered cars late today Friday 21 October. Used to say "October26-December20" then changed to "October-December" and now this "TBD: Delivery timing will be available soon". Anyone got this before that can shed some light on what's going on?

super strange, just got an update on both ordered cars late today Friday 21 October. Used to say "October26-December20" then changed to "October-December" and now this "TBD: Delivery timing will be available soon". Anyone got this before that can shed some light on what's going on?
Well when that happened to me back in june I asked Tesla what that meant and they said "yeah that's not a good sign at all, but hang in there perhaps something good happens soon...". Nothing good came out of that and I am taking delivery next week instead of may-june that they more or less promised me.