Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s hard to know because it could go the other way. The non-USS Model Y may come with 5mp cameras and if the vision only works soon enough as well as the USS system does, future buyers will definitely want the meaningful camera upgrade.
Hi Luke,

When did you order your MY LR ?
Asking cause I am also from DK and ordered mine 3/6 and still no hidden VIN or anything. :-(
I saw you had your VIN in the other tread(Shipping) but didn't want to fill up that thread with questions like this :)

Picked up my 2023 MYLR yesterday. Have updated camera, no matrix led but still have USS. Build date Oct 2nd 2022.

Delivery center: Surrey/Langley, BC Canada
Congrats!!
Can you share the first 3 numbers of the VIN after the PF. Would be good to know at what VIN series they started adding new cameras (and still kept USS). All the PF58X and PF59X I saw on the lot on Friday had the old cameras. I should have made a note of more digits in the VINs I looked at.

The thing is all the Model Y LR or Performance I saw yesterday on the lot for pickup all is 2023 models but all have USS and no cargo covers. At least at my delivery centre.

So I’m guessing is location base? So technically speaking is a matter of luck

The thing is all the Model Y LR or Performance I saw yesterday on the lot for pickup all is 2023 models but all have USS and no cargo covers. At least at my delivery centre.

Build dates of October 20 onward from Fremont are supposed to have the cargo cover. Is your VIN a 57,58 or 59 after the F?

I believed all the Tesla sold in Canada comes from Giga Fremont.

*Someone correct me if I’m wrong*
Are you sure you have the updated camera? The only reason I ask is Oct 2nd build seems too early to have new cameras when every car I saw with 58X and 59X on the lot on Friday didn't have them. I was at the temporary Victoria delivery center. All our cars stop at Great Northern Way in Vancouver and then get shipped over to the island. Delayed things by about a week for me.
For reference here is what the old and new cameras look like. New have the grooved ring around the lens with a more concave shape and the old has the more convex ring. New lens looks like a bigger lens (wider angle).

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Can you confirm a Oct 2nd build date? Did it have the cargo cover? Thanks! VIN 58 or 59 would be great as well if you can share so we know the series
My PF584 was manufacture date of 10/18 per my SA. for the cargo cover, i believe those were 10/20 and on. i don't care for the cargo cover as much as the cameras. either way, even if old cameras, i'll still pick up on pick up day as long as the build is good.