Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MYLR7 blue/black, no tow on 1/26. Got VIN 10/21. Scheduled pickup for 11/2 but I texted back the number notifying me of scheduling delivery and I was able to pick it up earlier on 10/28! It has been a blast to drive. I'd recommend others trying that if you want to move up delivery date. Looks like it has the old cameras, no matrix headlights, but has USS. No cargo cover as it is a 7-seater. PF58xxxx

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
I am still wondering if Toronto Canada area has started getting all MYLR as 2023. I know most of people in US are getting MYP/MYLR as 2023 also everyone in Canada getting MYP also as 2023. So only one thats dicey is MYLR in Canada. I hope I get some reponses
In Vancouver it seems all the MYLR are 2023 now. I think my 2022 was one of the last ones as almost all the other MYLR on the lot last Friday when I picked up were 2023. Also new inventory shows a number of 2023's in Vancouver to buy immediately.

Looking at Ontario inventory there are at least seven 2023 MYLRs to purchase immediately. So unless one gets assigned a rejected 2022 VIN that is still sitting around I think you will be getting 2023. There are a number of 2022 MYLRs on the new inventory list also.

I think I'm going to windup taking a pass on the VIN assigned to me. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to drive around with Pirelli's when Philly gets all sorts of weather. Plus, I'm not liking the removal of the USS and not sure if I'm getting the updated cameras.

I think I'm going to windup taking a pass on the VIN assigned to me. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to drive around with Pirelli's when Philly gets all sorts of weather. Plus, I'm not liking the removal of the USS and not sure if I'm getting the updated cameras.
To play devil's advocate...

1) If you want USS then this is your best chance. Still the large majority of cars delivered right now have the USS. You can try and contact an SA to tell you if your VIN has USS or not. Some seem to know how to look this up....others not so much. If you reject you are pretty much guarenteed no USS and you will get a new VIN in a couple weeks. Or are you planning to cancel your order outright and order later on (or not at all)?

2) Would the Michelin High-Performance All-Seasons be good enough for the winter? If not, then you'd probably get winter wheels/tires in a smaller size anyways and having the Pirellis will maximize summer performance to fully enjoy the Performance in MYP.

Reactions: UoMDeacon
In Vancouver it seems all the MYLR are 2023 now. I think my 2022 was one of the last ones as almost all the other MYLR on the lot last Friday when I picked up were 2023. Also new inventory shows a number of 2023's in Vancouver to buy immediately.

Looking at Ontario inventory there are at least seven 2023 MYLRs to purchase immediately. So unless one gets assigned a rejected 2022 VIN that is still sitting around I think you will be getting 2023. There are a number of 2022 MYLRs on the new inventory list also.

Similar inventory in Montreal. Looks good for getting a 2023.
Will Eastern Canada be getting Austin builds as originally planned?
I would prefer new cameras to USS; I think new software will soon ignore USS if they are installed, like radar.
Parcel tray would be nice.

To play devil's advocate...

1) If you want USS then this is your best chance. Still the large majority of cars delivered right now have the USS. You can try and contact an SA to tell you if your VIN has USS or not. Some seem to know how to look this up....others not so much.

2) Would the Michelin High-Performance All-Seasons be good enough for the winter? If not, then you'd probably get winter wheels/tires in a smaller size anyways and having the Pirellis will maximize summer performance to fully enjoy the Performance in MYP.
I already confirmed with Tesla, no USS and no updated cameras. I personally feel as if the updated cameras should go in before you start removing the USS.

I had a 2022 Model Y with factory Michelins. They were good enough, for me. But these Pirellis would be a disaster.

I passed on this VIN build. FROM TESLA: "Understood. We can release this VIN and place your order on hold for 7 days. There is no timeline for a replacement vehicle, however our system is designed to locate a vehicle as quickly as possible for immediate delivery. If you're unable take delivery at that time, your reservation may be subject to automatic cancellation. Please let us know how you would like to proceed."

Tesla has already increased the price $6k from last year and I/we are getting less. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Reactions: arbitrage000
I am still wondering if Toronto Canada area has started getting all MYLR as 2023. I know most of people in US are getting MYP/MYLR as 2023 also everyone in Canada getting MYP also as 2023. So only one thats dicey is MYLR in Canada. I hope I get some reponses
My delivery date was moved forward to November 8-22 last week without any VIN. Then I received my VIN yesterday and the delivery date is now November 18-27th. 7SAYGDEE2PF591xxx. To be picked up in Oakville. Model Y LR 2023. I did see quite a lot of Ys; half were 2022 and the other half were 2023.

I already confirmed with Tesla, no USS and no updated cameras. I personally feel as if the updated cameras should go in before you start removing the USS.

I had a 2022 Model Y with factory Michelins. They were good enough, for me. But these Pirellis would be a disaster.

I passed on this VIN build. FROM TESLA: "Understood. We can release this VIN and place your order on hold for 7 days. There is no timeline for a replacement vehicle, however our system is designed to locate a vehicle as quickly as possible for immediate delivery. If you're unable take delivery at that time, your reservation may be subject to automatic cancellation. Please let us know how you would like to proceed."

Tesla has already increased the price $6k from last year and I/we are getting less. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Ah that makes sense.

I guess what we don't know is if the new cameras have anything to do with the future of USS. People have compared the feeds and they don't look any wider. These cameras don't look forward anyways and that is where the biggest blind spot is down low. More likely is they have to do with the future of FSD and future 4.0 hardware. We also don't know if Tesla will disable USS sensors on cars with them sometime in the future once the features are active again. What we do know is Tesla is willing to sell cars without USS and with old cameras (despite having new cameras in inventory as M3s have had them since at least September before removing USS removal was even announced).

Used prices are dropping fast...you could consider looking for a low mileage MYP from mid 2022 that has Michelins, USS and will be discounted from current prices.

Reactions: headhz
My delivery date was moved forward to November 8-22 last week without any VIN. Then I received my VIN yesterday and the delivery date is now November 18-27th. 7SAYGDEE2PF591xxx. To be picked up in Oakville. Model Y LR 2023. I did see quite a lot of Ys; half were 2022 and the other half were 2023.
What is your Order date and Configuration? My EDD just got pushed from Nov 12-25 to Nov 15-25, but i still don't have a VIN.
OD March 7. Confi: MYLR 7 SEAT, WHITE, TOW, NO FSD

Ah that makes sense.

I guess what we don't know is if the new cameras have anything to do with the future of USS. People have compared the feeds and they don't look any wider. These cameras don't look forward anyways and that is where the biggest blind spot is down low. More likely is they have to do with the future of FSD and future 4.0 hardware. We also don't know if Tesla will disable USS sensors on cars with them sometime in the future once the features are active again. What we do know is Tesla is willing to sell cars without USS and with old cameras (despite having new cameras in inventory as M3s have had them since at least September before removing USS removal was even announced).

Used prices are dropping fast...you could consider looking for a low mileage MYP from mid 2022 that has Michelins, USS and will be discounted from current pri
What is your Order date and Configuration? My EDD just got pushed from Nov 12-25 to Nov 15-25, but i still don't have a VIN.
OD March 7. Confi: MYLR 7 SEAT, WHITE, TOW, NO FSD

Once I had that new expected time frame you just received, I got the delivery notice and VIN 3 or 4 days later. My VIN showed online a couple days before it did in the app.
Order date means nothing. You can get matched with a car at any time. i.e. I ordered on Oct 5th and had to take delivery on October 29th. I suspect it sped up so much due to people postponing their deliveries in the US in hopes of catching the new tax credit. The lot in Edmonton is full of cars that got here way faster than people were expecting.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Once I had that new expected time frame you just received, I got the delivery notice and VIN 3 or 4 days later. My VIN showed online a couple days before it did in the app.
Order date means nothing. You can get matched with a car at any time. i.e. I ordered on Oct 5th and had to take delivery on October 29th. I suspect it sped up so much due to people postponing their deliveries in the US in hopes of catching the new tax credit. The lot in Edmonton is full of cars that got here way faster than people were expecting.

Where exactly did you see the VIN "online" prior to it displaying in the app?

Reactions: ord3r
OK guys just picked up my model Y long range here's some info that may help you. I had white on black, regular wheels, no tow, enhanced auto pilot. Mine came without USS. My Vin was 589. Some on the lot with 59 bins Still had USS. On the topic of the cameras, none of the Y's had the "new"cameras that the model threes have. I spoke with the guy there that claims to have installed the cameras in the factory prior to working at the service center. And he said The new cameras showing up are the same part number and likely just a newer version of the same camera. Not the five megapixel rumored cameras. Overall build quality on mine was excellent and I did about an hour and a half thorough inspection. Good luck to you all.