Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you with VINs, were you notified via email and/or text when that happened or did you just notice it in the app or online in your account page? I've been fiendishly checking my app dozens of times a day waiting for updates and would rather not if I'm just going to have a text notification when there is actual news.

It was in the description section of the website. If I recall correctly Account>Dashboard>Manage. I did not need to inspect HTML code or anything, it was just listed there. Now that I have taken delivery, the path options in manage have changed, so not sure which link inside it was.

It was also listed on the acceptance documents they added about a week before the delivery.

They send a pair of confirmation links with the 2 documents to you at one point - and one of the 2 has the VIN right at the top.

Is this where you're talking about? I blacked out my RN #, but is the spot with the red line where the VIN eventually shows up or somewhere else?

1667399888536.png

Just picked up my performance model Y, ordered 10/5 , DD: 11/2. White interior, tow package. Car came with USS but upgraded cameras and no parcel shelf. South Florida.
Can you confirm camera looks like the right photo (concave and grooved around the lens) and not the left. Just seems so odd Tesla is randomly throwing on the other camera when most other F58XX and even F59XX VINs don't have the new cameras. Tesla has some very weird production lines.

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Can you confirm camera looks like the right photo (concave and grooved around the lens) and not the left. Just seems so odd Tesla is randomly throwing on the other camera when most other F58XX and even F59XX VINs don't have the new cameras. Tesla has some very weird production lines.

View attachment 870219View attachment 870220
I absolutely have the ones that are like blue paint car. I will send photos soon.

I absolutely have the ones that are like blue paint car. I will send photos soon.
Thanks...I think they are both blue cars but I assume you mean the 2023. Tesla production boggles the mind sometimes. There are people getting old cameras without USS, people with new cameras and USS, people with old cameras and USS....the only unicorn build is no USS and new cameras...which one would logically think would be the configuration going forward just like on M3. Bonkers!! Sort of like the few random people who got cargo covers from Fremont over the past 2-3 months.

Thanks...I think they are both blue cars but I assume you mean the 2023. Tesla production boggles the mind sometimes. There are people getting old cameras without USS, people with new cameras and USS, people with old cameras and USS....the only unicorn build is no USS and new cameras...which one would logically think would be the configuration going forward just like on M3. Bonkers!! Sort of like the few random people who got cargo covers from Fremont over the past 2-3 months.
id think the unicorn would be USS, updated cameras & rear cargo cover. lol

Reactions: JaeTheDev
OK guys just picked up my model Y long range here's some info that may help you. I had white on black, regular wheels, no tow, enhanced auto pilot. Mine came without USS. My Vin was 589. Some on the lot with 59 bins Still had USS. On the topic of the cameras, none of the Y's had the "new"cameras that the model threes have. I spoke with the guy there that claims to have installed the cameras in the factory prior to working at the service center. And he said The new cameras showing up are the same part number and likely just a newer version of the same camera. Not the five megapixel rumored cameras. Overall build quality on mine was excellent and I did about an hour and a half thorough inspection. Good luck to you all.
Makes Sense. I mean how would anyone even know they are the ne 5MP cameras? How would you be able to determine that if Tesla's not saying anything.

That is the same screen I had last Friday when my vin was issued. EDD updated yesterday from 11/16-11/21 to 11/5-11/14. PF590.
After reading several threads its a crap shoot on what it will be delivered with. Old or new cameras, cargo cover, park sensors, seats steering wheel etc. you just never know what to expect! :p Like Forst Gump said "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going get."
OD was 11/16/21. Rejected first deliveriy in September due to quality issues (2022 model). Replacement is a 2023 hope it is worth the wait.
PF590 would be the latest we’ve seen so far. What’s the configuration?

khyrox1 said:
I've also confirmed mine is a 2023 (MYLR 7-seater). Upgraded cameras. But they couldn't tell me if it still had the USS. I guess I'll find out when I finally get to pick it up.
SA contacted me to schedule pickup! I'll be picking up on Nov 1st! Woooo! I placed my order Nov of last year so it's been exactly a year LOL.

Latest update - I accepted delivery yesterday! Car looks great and everything went smoothly. Contrary to what the SA told me, it looks like the cameras on mine are not the new cameras. But the car does have the USS. All in all, still happy I finally got the car after waiting a year.

White/White, Gemini wheels, FSD. OD - 4/3/22
My guess would be it's the White interior, but I may be wrong. Anecdotally, it seems like white seat owners are waiting longer. They're purchased less frequently, only made in Freemont, and probably have fewer production runs. To me, it seems like that would lead to higher uncertainty in delivery dates... just wild supposition on my part.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec