Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my 2023 MYP last night (MSM, tow, black interior)...no paint issues, no panel gaps, good interior, etc. My tires were Michelins, and I did not get mudflaps or PPF. I'm guessing no MFs or PPF because maybe the car was ordered for someone else in a part of the country where MFs are not needed, but then the order was canceled and the vehicle re-directed to me here on the East coast. Just a theory. Also, I don't know if I got the comfort ride and I have no experience with the feel of the original suspensions, but one key observation that I was still able to make is that it rode extremely well. I have zero complaints about ride quality or being too stiff...totally satisfied here. It does have the matrix headlights and USS, and the cameras do not appear to be the upgraded versions. Speaking of cameras though (and I know this is way off topic from this thread), on my way home I got a bunch of generic "camera blocked or blinded" alerts. Oddly, the alerts did not indicate which camera, so I have no idea which one might have been the problem. I did check for condensation on all cameras, but all were clear. Anyone have this issue? I have not driven anywhere else since picking it up last night, so I'm not sure if the problem is persisting (I actually rebooted the system in my garage last night because it was having all sorts of connectivity issues with my Tesla App, so maybe that will fix the camera issue). I welcome anyone thoughts on this. :)

Reactions: ord3r
I picked up my 2023 MYP last night (MSM, tow, black interior)...no paint issues, no panel gaps, good interior, etc. My tires were Michelins, and I did not get mudflaps or PPF. I'm guessing no MFs or PPF because maybe the car was ordered for someone else in a part of the country where MFs are not needed, but then the order was canceled and the vehicle re-directed to me here on the East coast. Just a theory. Also, I don't know if I got the comfort ride and I have no experience with the feel of the original suspensions, but one key observation that I was still able to make is that it rode extremely well. I have zero complaints about ride quality or being too stiff...totally satisfied here. It does have the matrix headlights and USS, and the cameras do not appear to be the upgraded versions. Speaking of cameras though (and I know this is way off topic from this thread), on my way home I got a bunch of generic "camera blocked or blinded" alerts. Oddly, the alerts did not indicate which camera, so I have no idea which one might have been the problem. I did check for condensation on all cameras, but all were clear. Anyone have this issue? I have not driven anywhere else since picking it up last night, so I'm not sure if the problem is persisting (I actually rebooted the system in my garage last night because it was having all sorts of connectivity issues with my Tesla App, so maybe that will fix the camera issue). I welcome anyone thoughts on this. :)
Do you mind listing what your VIN was? PFXXX? I have a MY PF597 being delivered this Thursday and my SA said it didn't have USS.

, and I did not get mudflaps or PPF. I'm guessing no MFs or PPF because maybe the car was ordered for someone else in a part of the country where MFs are not needed, but then the order was canceled and the vehicle re-directed to me here on the East coast. Just a theory. :)

Ask the service center (through the app or your SA(?) to please install the front mudflaps and rear door/wheel area PPF. It should be a free item and courtesy install.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
Longe range.
I added mats every where, cargo cubby bins and covers, center console oranizers, glove box organizer, screen protector, Tesla tire repair kit, sun screen (two piece, no sag), lifting pucks, EV Offer frunk automation, Tesla tag frame, mud flaps, front cup holder inserts, under front seat draws, storage bin behind rear console, etc.
Mind sharing brands or links for some of those items? I’m looking to pick up several of those. Thoughts or reviews would also be appreciated. Congrats!

Based on recent deliveries...

VIN: PF60X
Year: 2023
Matrix: No
USS: No
New Camera: ??
Parcel Shelf: Yes (if 5-seater)
Comfort Suspension: Yes
Thanks, it's a 7 seater, long range. Do people want USS or not? That is ultrasonic sensors, correct? Used for pulling into the garage and whatnot? But they are going to be useless at some point, when everything switches to Tesla vision? Why are some people getting mud flaps and others not? And what's with the variation of tires? I'm in Colorado, so I guess mud flaps and winter-friendly tires would be welcomed.

I see this in my account now...

Order Update
Tesla Vision
We are taking the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach enables improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact some features.

Looks like I need to click Proceed with Delivery.

Does that mean I won't have ultrasonic sensors for sure? Or I might have them, and they are disabled?

Order Update
Tesla Vision
We are taking the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach enables improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact some features.

Does that mean I won't have ultrasonic sensors for sure? Or I might have them, and they are disabled?
Last sentence states "no longer equipped".

Thanks, it's a 7 seater, long range. Do people want USS or not? That is ultrasonic sensors, correct? Used for pulling into the garage and whatnot? But they are going to be useless at some point, when everything switches to Tesla vision? Why are some people getting mud flaps and others not? And what's with the variation of tires? I'm in Colorado, so I guess mud flaps and winter-friendly tires would be welcomed.
It’s personal preference but I like having the USS as it tells you exactly how much distance you have remaining when parking. Although this feature might be shut down in the future as you mentioned. Some people like the cleaner look of not having the circular sensors all around the car.

All LR comes with all-season tires. Front mud flaps should be installed with rear PPF, but that’s been random so you never know with Tesla. 😂

Reactions: Kokukenji
It’s personal preference but I like having the USS as it tells you exactly how much distance you have remaining when parking. Although this feature might be shut down in the future as you mentioned. Some people like the cleaner look of not having the circular sensors all around the car.

All LR comes with all-season tires. Front mud flaps should be installed with rear PPF, but that’s been random so you never know with Tesla. 😂
So funny but true lol. It's like a gatcha game with big bucks money.

Took another delivery today and here are some details:

Model: 2023 MYLR
VIN: PF604
Matrix headlights: No
Mud flaps & PPF: No
Passenger lumbar support: No
Cameras: Old
Parcel Shelf: Yes
Comfort Suspension: Subjectively yes

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 21.48.20.png

I spotted a few MYLRs with very close VIN as mine, all have the same configuration as mine. Let me know what you want to know about batch of PF604 MYLR

Reactions: Choncho and Qizhi
We don't know if Tesla will disable the USS on cars that have them. Tesla's official press release says they don't plan to remove functionality "at this time". So who knows it may be that they get the Vision working as good that they disable the cars with them but I find that hard to do without a front bumper camera.

Mud flaps and rear rocker PPF seems to be something that Tesla is supposed to provide at least to more northern climates but some delivery centers seem to put them on, others don't. Most who request them get them put on after delivery if not already on. In Canada my car (and all others on the lot that day) had the PPF and flaps.

Tire variation is only for MYP. MYLR always have Conti ProCont RX on 19" and Goodyear Eagle F1 on 20". Only the 21" MYP tire is a crapshoot between Pirelli summer and Michelin A/S.

Took another delivery today and here are some details:

Model: 2023 MYLR
VIN: PF604
Matrix headlights: No
Mud flaps & PPF: No
Passenger lumbar support: No
Cameras: Old
Parcel Shelf: Yes
Comfort Suspension: Subjectively yes

View attachment 875084

I spotted a few MYLRs with very close VIN as mine, all have the same configuration as mine. Let me know what you want to know about batch of PF604 MYLR
Seemingly the regular headlight is back in stock so we're no longer seeing Matrix headlight subs. Also curious that even newer VIN are not getting updates cameras. I assumed it was going to be the new standard.

Order Update
Tesla Vision

Hey what happens after you hit proceed? I'm in that step but would like to delay a little so curious what happens if I just don't proceed for a while (no one's reached out to me)