Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was assigned 2023 VIN from Austin and my delivery day was yesterday. Everything was good except for the front doors. Door doesn't close properly unless you really slam it. Sales Advisor said that it is due to frameless window design. We were skeptical and asked him to show another vehicle to compare door closing. He showed us a model inside the showroom. Door closed by itself by just flicking a finger. So it was definitely not because of frameless design. Me and my wife discussed and decided to reject the delivery. The reason being that Sales advisor was not very positive that it can be fixed even if we raise a SR. He kept insisting that it is normal and raising SR trying to fix could worsen the issues. We were not comfortable with that and rejected it. So now the order is on HOLD until 12/5. Fingers crossed and waiting for the next VIN and hoping for the best.

Many reports on these forums about Austin doors not closing without extra force, and primarily on the passenger sides. In fact, our test drive car in April 2022 had this very issue. We asked our SA about the difficult door and he kinda shrugged as if he didn't know or care. I didn't check to see if it was an Austin or a Freemont car as the door issue was not much discussed at that time here, and not many Austin cars had been sent out here in April.

The cause could vary, but it could be a misplaced door seal preventing easy or full closure, paint or another obstruction on the hinges, or misaligned door at assembly. I would think the least likely cause would be a window, but that might be possible, as the window throw (full up and full down) is internally adjustable by taking part of the door apart. Might have been too high, and is a fairly easy and straightforward fix. There was a video on the window adjuctment linked at TMC just a couple weeks ago. I can't remember what thread that vid was in.

Many reports on these forums about Austin doors not closing without extra force, and primarily on the passenger sides. In fact, our test drive car in April 2022 had this very issue. We asked our SA about the difficult door and he kinda shrugged as if he didn't know or care. I didn't check to see if it was an Austin or a Freemont car as the door issue was not much discussed at that time here, and not many Austin cars had been sent out here in April.

The cause could vary, but it could be a misplaced door seal preventing easy or full closure, paint or another obstruction on the hinges, or misaligned door at assembly. I would think the least likely cause would be a window, but that might be possible, as the window throw (full up and full down) is internally adjustable by taking part of the door apart. Might have been too high, and is a fairly easy and straightforward fix. There was a video on the window adjuctment linked at TMC just a couple weeks ago. I can't remember what thread that vid was in.
Yes, I think it could be because the window frames were bit too high and was not plush with the door panel. They were kind of sticking out a bit. We showed him that as well. Again SA wasn't acknowledging the issue and was kind of saying that it is normal for frameless design. I've read horror stories with raising SR and didn't want to take that risk. I would rather wait but it is again a gamble.

From what I’ve heard, the door seals will settle in after a few months. My Austin-built 2023 Model Y (LR/AWD) takes a decent amount of exertion to properly close the doors. I am constantly telling my wife and kids “Like Goldilocks. Not too soft, but don’t slam it either.”

• Funny
Reactions: Bikeman
I just woke up to a vin number. it is a freemont 2023 Long Range. When I called Tesla this morning, they said it is in process of being shipped to the showroom which should arrive 12/15 however the app says EDD 12/20-12/29. I will hold off on rejecting it until the last minute and then place it on hold and it should take me to 2023. If not, then Tesla can cancel.

Pick up my model Y LR 2023 this morning. It comes with matrix headlights, cargo cover, no new camera and USS. Mostly perfect but I have to submit a service request for minor cosmetic exteriors.
VIN: PF596
Congrats! I just picked up my 2023 Model Y (LR/AWD) on 11/12/2022, and I thought mine had Matrix headlights. Is that a thing? 2023 LR (not Performance) gets the Matrix headlights???

Enjoy!

Tesla (TSLA) gives $3,750 discount for Model 3/Y in the US this month​

Picking up my model Y tomorrow, and they just gave me a $3750 referral credit since I am taking delivery in Dec.

Picking up my model Y tomorrow, and they just gave me a $3750 referral credit since I am taking delivery in Dec.
Wow! That is incredibly unexpected news. My EDD remains at Dec 28- Dec 31...

WTF!???? I’m jealous. Picked mine up 11/12/2022, and they wouldn’t even give me FREE SuperCharging for a day when they didn’t plug in my TESLA during my 32hr service appointment at the delivery center. (I only had a 12V charger at that time.)

Wait, I'm confused here. Did you already have a car on order with Tesla that you finally got delivery on, and they gave you this extra credit, or did you just order a new in-stock car today that wasn't already on order prior to today?