Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was Fremont 11/22 build. I have little kids and dogs so simply got it with them in mind. I'm 6' and managed to get back there, but definitely don't fit. Maybe someone 5'4" - 5-6" tops could squeeze back there?
That’s about what I learned from researching on YouTube. I tried to get eyes on a 7-seater while test driving a Model Y Performance in San Jose, CA in JUL2022, but they didn’t have any 7-seaters in the showroom. Definitely short, skinny adults or children is a criteria for the two rear seats. With that in mind, I just didn’t feel that it was worth the extra $3k.

Reactions: SSAri
Welcome to the Tesla EPA spec on range. Its rated at ideal conditions. Say 45-50mph continuous, outside temp 75-85 degs, no AC or Heat.

Now take your Tesla on a real world highway run. Go 80mph, run heat or A/C, have some headwinds, maybe some hills (not mountains). You will lose 25%-30% of that 330 spec (318 with 20" wheels). Hello Tesla marketing. Any Tesla owner that has done a 250 mile drive with these conditions learns what to expect.

On the other hand, Audi, VW, GM, and Ford rate on typical driving. The meet or exceed their range. A competitor car at 285 rated range will beat a Tesla with 330 range spec at 80mph and conditions I noted. Beat, I mean how far to zero battery. Often times a 260 rated range will beat it too.

Just to add, I did a trip from Seattle to Vancouver, BC over Thanksgiving. 2 adults, 2 children, car loaded with typical stuff for a trip. 150 miles one way with typical Seattle traffic on the way up. About 45F outdoor temps. Interior climate at Auto 68F. We made one stop for lunch. Car was charged to 90% at start and we made it to our destination with 30% remaining.

That’s about what I learned from researching on YouTube. I tried to get eyes on a 7-seater while test driving a Model Y Performance in San Jose, CA in JUL2022, but they didn’t have any 7-seaters in the showroom. Definitely short, skinny adults or children is a criteria for the two rear seats. With that in mind, I just didn’t feel that it was worth the extra $3k.

I have a 7-seater primarily for use by my kids for whenever we need to haul extra adults in the second row. My kids are 7 and 4 so they will continue to be small enough to fit in the third row to make it useful for a few years.

Reactions: THEbuz
Just to add, I did a trip from Seattle to Vancouver, BC over Thanksgiving. 2 adults, 2 children, car loaded with typical stuff for a trip. 150 miles one way with typical Seattle traffic on the way up. About 45F outdoor temps. Interior climate at Auto 68F. We made one stop for lunch. Car was charged to 90% at start and we made it to our destination with 30% remaining.
Yeah—so that’s about 250mi of range on a full charge. You probably drove like a normal person, too, and not like a grannie. I wish real-world range was 500mi or better. Not yet, I suppose.

Reactions: khyrox1
How does one know if the vehicle has comfort suspension?
I texted the SA, at first they gave a vague response "the car should have all the proper updates" but when I asked them to specify whether or not the car has the new "comfort suspension" they replied, in no uncertain terms "it definitely has the new comfort suspension." Good luck. I'm taking delivery Saturday.

Reactions: Steven_H
I have a 7-seater primarily for use by my kids for whenever we need to haul extra adults in the second row. My kids are 7 and 4 so they will continue to be small enough to fit in the third row to make it useful for a few years.
Nice!
I texted the SA, at first they gave a vague response "the car should have all the proper updates" but when I asked them to specify whether or not the car has the new "comfort suspension" they replied, in no uncertain terms "it definitely has the new comfort suspension." Good luck. I'm taking delivery Saturday.
You ordered a Model Y (LR/AWD) or Model Y Performance?

Just picked up Austin built Y LR.

New car is great! only downside is feels quite sluggish compared to my 2018 LR RWD 3. Hoping the accel boost puts a fix to that.

The interior and ride quality is great. A few blemishes here and there but overall very happy no service needed

Just picked up Austin built Y LR.

New car is great! only downside is feels quite sluggish compared to my 2018 LR RWD 3. Hoping the accel boost puts a fix to that.

The interior and ride quality is great. A few blemishes here and there but overall very happy no service needed
2023 Model Y (LR/AWD) does 0-60mph in 4.8sec.

What about your 2018 Model 3? You’re gonna buy the Acceleration Boost for $2k then? That brings the 0-60mph down to 4.2sec. Seems silly when you consider that TESLA is literally throttling back the Model Y (LR/AWD) to boost Model Y Performance sales ($4k premium) and Acceleration Boost sales ($2k premium).

Reactions: ord3r
Performan
2023 Model Y (LR/AWD) does 0-60mph in 4.8sec.

What about your 2018 Model 3? You’re gonna buy the Acceleration Boost for $2k then? That brings the 0-60mph down to 4.2sec. Seems silly when you consider that TESLA is literally throttling back the Model Y (LR/AWD) to boost Model Y Performance sales ($4k premium) and Acceleration Boost sales ($2k premium).
Performance was nearly 10k more at time of order for me, and I didnt want those giant wheels!

Really? When did you order your LR? As of today, the Performance is only $4k more than the LR.

Is it the look of the 21-in wheels you don’t like or the less smooth ride or worse range—or all of the above? 🤔

Nevermind, checked and was a $5,000 dollar difference from LR to Performance! Ordered November 2021 at a price of $58,990.

Yeah worse range + flat tire risk. Looks I can go either way, but don't mind the gemini's on the midnight silver metallic.

Reactions: THEbuz
I guess mine says its a 2023 from fremont, but its LR not Standard as the decoder claims (using teslatap.com).

Just a heads up for anyone interested... I ordered on the 19th of Nov 2022 and scheduled a pickup today for Dec 1st. They originally said Dec - Jan pickup but I guess it got moved the other way, so about 11 day wait. I ordered it with MYLR + tow hitch.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
^ I just used that link, using my comma delimited option code strings, and it told me absolutely nothing other than year, number of seats and basic info. I wish there was a way to find out matrix, shelf, door panel type, USS, and other details with a VIN. Is there another method, other than bombarding the SA to death with detailed model build questions?

^ I just used that link, using my comma delimited option code strings, and it told me absolutely nothing other than year, number of seats and basic info. I wish there was a way to find out matrix, shelf, door panel type, USS, and other details with a VIN. Is there another method, other than bombarding the SA to death with detailed model build questions?
What till you get the car and you will have all your answers, or you can join Tesla and use your employee login to get that info.
Not sure which other car you have seen that the VIN gives you the info you are looking for?
If your VIN is a model P, then you have the 2023 model. The basic config of pieces, depends on the factory.
You in US, no chargers, You in EU, you got chargers, You in France, you get a free roadkit. and on and on and on ....................

Nevermind, checked and was a $5,000 dollar difference from LR to Performance! Ordered November 2021 at a price of $58,990.

Yeah worse range + flat tire risk. Looks I can go either way, but don't mind the gemini's on the midnight silver metallic.
Whew! I just paid $75k (incl. tax) for my LR/AWD + 20” Induction wheels + tow hitch.