Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My disaster of a delivery experience (No quality control)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I canceled my MX order the other day. Not just because of these issues I’m hearing on the site, plus hearing from my wife’s Physician colleagues who have had issues and poor customer service but also the stupid haptic steering wheel and lack of 36 camera. Lost the $250, but I’d rather sit tight until 2024 and see if anything gets better as I’m in no hurry.

I'm literally considering cancelling my Model X Plaid order right now. I just got my VIN assigned today, and although I've owned 3 other Tesla's (my first being a brand new 2014 P85D), I might just run away before I get myself into a situation like this.

Unfortunately, Elon has proven scaling Tesla has only rewarded investors, at the customer's expense. This is not a tech company, it's a Wall Street firm that uses cars and technology to as a facade to sell the world's most gigantic pump and dump scheme, and now all his time is devoted to a social media company he purchased dumping those shares.

I've been team Tesla for so long, and this story really boils my blood and I'm sorry for your situation. I wish I didn't read it, but glad I did.
2014 owner plus 3 other vehicles and only have posted since march 15 2023?

What a crazy story so far.

your service center sounds as bad as mine (Burbank). It also doesn’t help that you cannot call the service center directly (and even if you could no one would pick up at mine) and everything goes through the app which then takes 48-72 hours for a response if you’re lucky. At least at a traditional dealership the receptionist will pick up and I can complain to them.

I just picked up a cpo X and so far mostly good. But I’ve learned that if you get off the regular track of issues you’ll have a bad time. Service center dependent, I’ve been told.

Whats the next step in the lemon process? Just waiting and seeing?

Reactions: zoomer0056
What a crazy story so far.

your service center sounds as bad as mine (Burbank). It also doesn’t help that you cannot call the service center directly (and even if you could no one would pick up at mine) and everything goes through the app which then takes 48-72 hours for a response if you’re lucky. At least at a traditional dealership the receptionist will pick up and I can complain to them.

I just picked up a cpo X and so far mostly good. But I’ve learned that if you get off the regular track of issues you’ll have a bad time. Service center dependent, I’ve been told.

Whats the next step in the lemon process? Just waiting and seeing?

So I started this process with the Lynnwood service center where they never answer the phone. The phone tree does not even have the "Local Service Center" option. They were extremely difficult to work with because of that, BUT they would send messages and texts with updates.

The car has been with the Bellevue location for the past two months. They answer the phone EVERY time I call, which is great. They don't send messages/texts with updates though (or my account is jacked and they are not getting delivered). The service manager has been unapologetic about the non-stop issues, but the shop manager (Ludi?) is great.

At this point, we've come to an agreement that the car will be lemoned, and I will just keep it until that is done. It's still limited to 50 MPH, but they are going to try remotely resetting it to fix that. I am getting push notifications from the app over and over telling me that the car has come within 3 MPH of the speed limit...which is hilarious because the car is parked and hasn't moved in 2 days.

1679077401934.jpeg

probably has fewer problems

Reactions: cwerdna
Another "update". I'm still waiting for Tesla to submit an offer regarding the lemon buyback, but I have new issues that have come up since my last update despite driving the car only a couple of times:

1. There's an error message shows every time I start the car that say the safety systems are disabled. Tesla has told me it is still safe to drive and it's a sensor issue.
2. The driver's seat heater does not turn on. Screen shows it is on, but there's no heat generated. I wonder if it is broken because Tesla's solution to the looped wire that was sticking out the seat was to just pull it out...and it was part of the heating system.
3. The frunk is randomly opening on its own. Almost every time we see the front of the car (since we rarely drive it now), the frunk is oddly popped open. We will usually close it, but a week later, it's open again.
4. Twice yesterday, the driver's side FWD opened on its own. My phone and the car key were in the console at the time, and I was standing outside the car, so it could not have been an accidental button push. No idea what caused this.
5. Autopilot won't turn on. When I try, it says "Cruise control is disabled."

I canceled my MX order the other day. Not just because of these issues I’m hearing on the site, plus hearing from my wife’s Physician colleagues who have had issues and poor customer service but also the stupid haptic steering wheel and lack of 36 camera. Lost the $250, but I’d rather sit tight until 2024 and see if anything gets better as I’m in no hurry.

Cadillac's mark-ups are dropping! Just got pinged by a dealer that they're willing to sell at "only" $15k over MSRP now. Asked if I was still interested lol. Maybe the market is correcting?

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna and rpo
Another "update". I'm still waiting for Tesla to submit an offer regarding the lemon buyback, but I have new issues that have come up since my last update despite driving the car only a couple of times:

1. There's an error message shows every time I start the car that say the safety systems are disabled. Tesla has told me it is still safe to drive and it's a sensor issue.
2. The driver's seat heater does not turn on. Screen shows it is on, but there's no heat generated. I wonder if it is broken because Tesla's solution to the looped wire that was sticking out the seat was to just pull it out...and it was part of the heating system.
3. The frunk is randomly opening on its own. Almost every time we see the front of the car (since we rarely drive it now), the frunk is oddly popped open. We will usually close it, but a week later, it's open again.
4. Twice yesterday, the driver's side FWD opened on its own. My phone and the car key were in the console at the time, and I was standing outside the car, so it could not have been an accidental button push. No idea what caused this.

That car is possessed. You either need a buyback, or an exorcist! Seriously though, I really hope you get the lemon buyback done.

Reactions: cwerdna

I used to work as an electronics tech 20 plus years repairing Key service unit telephone business systems. To me this sounds like a major problem in a CPU and or main card issue. I am sure there are others but after reading the entire thread have to wonder if they have decent techs at the service centers. Over the years saw several CPU "Self" tests where the computer says everything is fine. and in the end a main CPU replacement was the only thing that solved the misbehaving system.

Starting to feel Lucky with my MYP recent purchase. Only weird thing is if I use my phone for other Blue tooth activities it takes either lots of time or multiple tries to reconnect with the car.

Really Sorry for your experience. Tesla needs to put some care , quality staffing into their service program.

As a share holder myself this kind of treatment s a disgrace especially on their top tier vehicles sold to early adopters that have purchased multiple Teslas.

Tesla has agreed to buy back the car.

Now we just need to finish negotiating for all of the additional costs I feel they owe me...such as for the rental car that Tesla provided me the 2nd time the car was towed after breaking down but then refused to pay for....and the ticket for no license plate because Tesla lost the registration AND plates and would not respond back to my 20+ phone calls fixing...and for the replacement registration fee because Tesla lost it....and for the Uber/Lyft expenses to pick up the car when it was still broken at the service center and they left me stranded 100 miles from home....and for the Tesla all weather floor mats that I purchased but never used. :mad:

I am guessing you use an iPhone. The Bluetooth seems to be delayed on iPhones. I had the opposite issue with my Pixel as it would connect to the car from 100 feet away with the car in a detached garage and was locking/unlocking all night long. I had it turn off that feature because of that.
I used to work as an electronics tech 20 plus years repairing Key service unit telephone business systems. To me this sounds like a major problem in a CPU and or main card issue. I am sure there are others but after reading the entire thread have to wonder if they have decent techs at the service centers. Over the years saw several CPU "Self" tests where the computer says everything is fine. and in the end a main CPU replacement was the only thing that solved the misbehaving system.

Starting to feel Lucky with my MYP recent purchase. Only weird thing is if I use my phone for other Blue tooth activities it takes either lots of time or multiple tries to reconnect with the car.

Really Sorry for your experience. Tesla needs to put some care , quality staffing into their service program.

As a share holder myself this kind of treatment s a disgrace especially on their top tier vehicles sold to early adopters that have purchased multiple Teslas.

I am guessing you use an iPhone. The Bluetooth seems to be delayed on iPhones. I had the opposite issue with my Pixel as it would connect to the car from 100 feet away with the car in a detached garage and was locking/unlocking all night long. I had it turn off that feature because of that.
Wow, actually a Pixel 5a.

I put my Wall connector outside the garage and last night the weather forecast was a storm incoming, so I parked the Y in the garage for the first time. No windows basically a Faraday cage.

This morning needed to go to town .
Pixel would not connect. I tried repeatedly.
Car asked me to use of the "card".
It booted up so It could be driven then. Once I made it to town the phone was working with the car.

Have to say It really bothers me and sure everyone that has read this thread... that Tesla has treated you this poorly and this particular X has been a real lemon.

It floors me just how horrible the service and response has been. Anyway best wishes and Hope your buyback gets done in a timely and Satisfactory manner. The Tesla vehicle and after purchase service certainly wasn't.

• Love
Reactions: rpo and Genie