Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats
I have to assume that any Tesla delivered by the end of 2022 would not get $7500 max tax credit for 2023 (even if it's a 2023 model yr?)
I could be wrong but I’m not sure Tesla would currently qualify for the full $7500 because of the battery mineral requirements. Half the credit for sure since it’s built here in the states but no one, as far as I’m aware of, has confirmed Tesla’s eligibility for the second half of the credit due to the strict battery requirements.

Are we even sure there will be a credit for Teslas? I haven't seen any confirmation on that yet.
From what I understand
(1) 2023 Y model delivered in 2022 would not be qualified for $7500 tax credit in 2023
(2) 2023 Y model delivered in 2023 would be qualified for a max of $7500 tax credit in 2023. Again, it depends on your 2023 incomes. Although the Info is quite muddy at this time UNTIL current Admin signs into laws and approved

I had a feeling that if I didn't receive a VIN two days before the EDD that it would get pushed again, and here we are with a new 2 week window: Nov 3 - Nov 17. At least this time, the EDD is closer. Previously, the updated EDD would be another 2 weeks out.
At 11:30PM Pacific I got my VIN! 2023 Fremont build.

Next up, insurance and final payment setup.

At 11:30PM Pacific I got my VIN! 2023 Fremont build.

Next up, insurance and final payment setup.
Earlier today I got the reminder to schedule delivery day and time. Of course I chose the soonest possible. So picking up Thursday, Nov 3 at 2pm Pacific.

Located in Washington state. Original OD was May with an update in June. Original EDD was Jan-Mar.

Earlier today I got the reminder to schedule delivery day and time. Of course I chose the soonest possible. So picking up Thursday, Nov 3 at 2pm Pacific.

Located in Washington state. Original OD was May with an update in June. Original EDD was Jan-Mar.
Got a call from my SA to check up on my financing and down payment. I told them I have checks in hand and can pick up earlier if available. Now picking up tomorrow instead of Thursday!

Hoping my timeline gives hope to those waiting. For me, things sped up very quickly starting last month.

Got a call from my SA to check up on my financing and down payment. I told them I have checks in hand and can pick up earlier if available. Now picking up tomorrow instead of Thursday!

Hoping my timeline gives hope to those waiting. For me, things sped up very quickly starting last month.
So happy for you. Please share pics as well as the pick up experience once you get your hands on the car.

Reactions: Mike Shekoyan
I didn’t know some cars came with rear door PPF. Is that common and how do you know?
Mine had it. It is just a small triangular piece in front of the rear tire. It is easy to see as it doesn’t rollover the edges. Tesla also sells his piece on the Shop. I’ve read the front wheel throws a lot of debris at this area so Tesla provides it at least in winter climates. Also the front mud flaps.

MYLR - MSM/black interior/20” induction/ no other options
OD: 2/14/2022
EDD: 10/12-11/09
First two week window: 10/24-11/7

VIN assigned October 28 ! New EDD: Nov 2-8;
2023 Austin built: PA023xxx

Picking up Nov 5!
Delivery location: Irvine
Delivery experience was easy - in and out in 20 minutes. love the Y! makes driving fun! No USS, old cameras, cargo cover. Car was flawless. well worth the nearly 9 month wait!