Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The credit from NJ is at the point of sale. If you look at your Tesla app "manage" link or go directly to the website with you login, navigate to complete task. Expand the pricing and you will a section called additional credits with 'Charge Up NJ Incentive." This is a place holder they probably pulled from your order and your Tesla "registration" validation of your license. As a placeholder, my understanding is it is subject to paperwork and verification when you pick up, but the settlement amount discounts this credit

Cheers, a bright spot in the over taxed state of NJ. :)
In order to claim the 2k rebate, I was emailed a form to sign a few days prior to delivery, from what I remember. Had to fill it out, scan it in and email it back.

Reactions: LuryeMI
Did you add enhanced autopilot afterwards to keep the price below $55k to qualify?
I hadn't thought of adding enhanced autopilot, although I suppose it's something I can consider in the future if they manage to figure out how to support all of the features with just Tesla Vision. My previous Model 3 didn't even have Autopilot and I haven't tried it out yet on the Model Y.

Reactions: LuryeMI
I didn’t need to do that. The 2k was deducted automatically for me

They may have changed the process but soon after I received the VIN in late January, I received the following email that I had to respond to (not sure what would have happened if I ignored it):

1677297281345.png

Start to finish summary:

1/15 1305: Order entered MYLR/Blk/Blk/5/19"
1/18: Order number received, EDD 2/15-3/22
--------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/11/2023 0700
Got the text announcing my VIN. Fremont assembly.
Standard motor. PF683XXX.
EDD changed to 2/25-3/4/23
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/13/2023
Build date was 2/10/2023
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/14/2023
Received email to schedule delivery
Delivery scheduled, Paramus, Friday 2/24 3P
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivery report 2/24/2023, 2:45 PM, Paramus, NJ
Paramus SC was not crowded. Staff was helpful and took care of a slight blemish
of leftover cleaning material of the right rear door. Other than that, gaps were very
nice, no imperfections immediately apparent. Matrix headlights and cargo cover were present.
Took maybe 20 minutes from walk-in to drive off.
Our staff member told me they were doing 40 deliveries yesterday.

Reactions: nj987
Some MYLR with 20's in stock right now for Smithtown. Blue included...
Thank you. I just checked but none with white interior. I spoke to a sales rep at Smithtown and when I told her my current EDD she said that the fact that the latest EDD is a shorter timeframe means that I'll get a VIN soon. Based on what I've read in other posts the VINs are provided a day after the build date. I'll just ride it out at this point as it seems I'll make the tax credit delivery deadline.

I went with the juicebox 48 hardwired. It is eligible for both jcp&l and charge up nj rebates and also for a reduced off-peak rate.
Same here but the 40 not the 48

Thanks, yea the juicebox seems to check all the boxes for NJ ChargeUp, my power company (PSEG), energy star (for 3/15/23 deadline) and rated highly. I'm leaning towards the 48, but waiting for the electrician to opine on hardwire vs plug.

I believe this is a summary of potential EV credits for NJ. Please feel free to chime in if I missed one or its incorrect.

NJ Sales Tax Car (3,800) roughly (with assuming no trade in) no income limit
NJ Charge Up Car (2,000) MSRP is >45 and <55K no income limit
NJ Charge Up Charger (249) Charger unit no income limit

PSEG Install Charger (1,500) installation no income limit
PSEG Off Peak Charger (.02) discount for off cycle charging no income limit

Fed Tax Car (7,500) may change in march income limit
Fed Tax Charger (30%) of charger cost [max 1000] no income limit?

+ ezpass off peak
I believe JCP&L is (1000) charger install credit

Reactions: nj987
Thanks, yea the juicebox seems to check all the boxes for NJ ChargeUp, my power company (PSEG), energy star (for 3/15/23 deadline) and rated highly. I'm leaning towards the 48, but waiting for the electrician to opine on hardwire vs plug.

I believe this is a summary of potential EV credits for NJ. Please feel free to chime in if I missed one or its incorrect.

+ ezpass off peak
I had the juice box 48 installed back in October. After submitting all the documents and waited over 2 months with no update, I email pseg. They replied back needing an invoice from my electrician stating I have paid him. Submitted the receipt and next day, the application was approved and $1500 was credited in my account. Email them if you want your money faster.

+ ezpass off peak
Nice summary. I believe that the JCP&L rebate is also up to $1,500 with the same .02 discount for off-peak.

+ ezpass off peak
I am having the juicebox 40 plug-in installed. I figured it would give me some more flexibility if something happened and needed to charge with a different unit.

+ ezpass off peak
What is the energy star (for 3/15/23 deadline) you are referring to? Is there a deadline?

What is the energy star (for 3/15/23 deadline) you are referring to? Is there a deadline?
The ChargeUp NJ page says that units that are not energy star certified will not be eligible for the $250 rebate after 3/15/2023. Refer to EV Charger Incentive | Charge Up New Jersey for the rules and eligible units. It seems that all Juicebox models will continue to be eligible after the cutoff date.

Can any of you take pictures of the camera system on your tesla that you recently picked up? Would like to see if the cameras were upgraded or not. Still waiting for my delivery, so will share when I go pick up as well.