Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks y'all, especially for those who helped me figure out how to change delivery locations. Just got VIN this evening! Maybe it would have happened anyway... we'll never know.

OD 2/3/2023 MYP blue/white EDD Feb-Mar
2/9 EDD 2/19-3/19
2/11/2023 changed to MYLR blue/white/tow, added tow hitch, no immediate EDD change
2/16 EDD 2/23-3/9
2/22 EDD 4/8-5/13
3/2 changed back to MYP blue/white/tow
3/4 EDD 3/20-3/31
3/18 Called to change delivery location from Sunnyvale to Fremont
3/20 Received VIN -PF740-, EDD 3/23-3/27

Rob, did they ask you for the social security number in the app(or website) for the 7500 tax credit? I did not see this.
I bought a model S in 2014 and received $7500 credit when filing tax return. The form 8936 (Energy Efficient Vehicles) asked for VIN, Make, Model, Date Purchased, Date in Service, Amount of Battery Capacity Kwh, Gross Vehicle Weight, Cost.

Can't recall if SSN was one of the registration questions but there wasn't any additional questions to get the 7500 credit. I think you just claim it on the 2024 return and if IRS needs proof you can show the registration form which has the dates.

Anyone else know if that's the process?
That's what I plan to do next year. Didn't give or get asked for my SSN at pick up.

Reactions: James2023y
Finally scheduled my pick up in Fremont tomorrow (Wednesday, 3/22) at 11:00 a.m. Going to suck to drive from Sacramento to Fremont and back but I'm on a tight deadline, so I'm just glad that after 2+ months, it' almost a done deal.

Hopefully they don't give me a hard time about the payment. I don't have enough time for a cashier's check, since it's outright purchase and plan on paying via plaid after seeing the car in person. I'm not okay with giving Tesla any more of my money in advance 😁

How do I change the delivery location? From the previous posts I understand that changing the location to Fremont improves your EDD but I don't see any phone number mentioned in the app to contact Tesla. Can someone help please?

OD 01/21
W/B/19' no extras
Sunnyvale

Call Tesla
How do I change the delivery location? From the previous posts I understand that changing the location to Fremont improves your EDD but I don't see any phone number mentioned in the app to contact Tesla. Can someone help please?

OD 01/21
W/B/19' no extras
Sunnyvale
I drove to the center at Fremont after several calls failed! I think my recent VIN issued and early delivery date is a result of the contact at the center for location change!
You’re in Mountain view. Just 15-20min drive.

No massive update...

Just another EDD change: 3/20-3/30

I called this morning to change my pickup to Fremont as well....hopefully that does the trick. (Im)patiently waiting😬
Just got my VIN tonight, filled out all the rest of the stuff. Still waiting on the Agreements portion to become available to then schedule delivery. Looks like it is saying anytime between March 24th - March 30th👍🏼

Just confirmed pickup for Friday the 24th at the Sacramento SC.
We moved our delivery up to this afternoon, so hopefully I'll have an update on the delivery process and initial quality later tonight.

One interesting thing of note, we received a call from the SC and they stated they are doing "express deliveries" and only have 10-15min scheduled for each car to quickly go over details. They stated it is due to the large number of deliveries they are processing over the next week. Hopefully is goes smoothly!

Reactions: James2023y
11:00 a.m. pick up this morning in Fremont - Drove to Santa Clara and waiting for my text message with the car parking spot/location in the Fremont factory. I got several text messages this morning explicitely telling me not to show up until I get a text with a parking location, even if it's already my appointment time. They must be busy as he!! these next few weeks.

11:00 a.m. pick up this morning in Fremont - Drove to Santa Clara and waiting for my text message with the car parking spot/location in the Fremont factory. I got several text messages this morning explicitely telling me not to show up until I get a text with a parking location, even if it's already my appointment time. They must be busy as he!! these next few weeks.
I requested to change my delivery location to Fremont. I looked at the app and it shows Tesla location: Fremont - Direct delivery and Delivery address as my home address. Does yours show the same? I'm in Sacramento also.

Just now I received a text message from 1-508 number from Tesla that read as "
Hi XXXXXX, great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned this month. Review your completed delivery tasks and tutorial videos in the Tesla app to get prepared
ts.la/app "

I see some light at the end of tunnel now !

Reactions: js5889