Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I also got the VIN today! Excited!
They just had to pick the time when you are not available. I bet you they will do the same to me — they gonna pick the small window that I’ll be out of town in March. Just watch, lol.
Guys, I’m a psychic. The good news, I got the VIN today! But of course Tesla had to pick the small window that I’m out of town for delivery, and they didn’t give me other choices. I guess I will have to cut my trip short and return early to pick up the car. Regardless, I’m still very excited and looking forward for the delivery. Hope everyone will get your VIN and delivery soon!

Reactions: robchan

Guys, I’m a psychic. The good news, I got the VIN today! But of course Tesla had to pick the small window that I’m out of town for delivery, and they didn’t give me other choices. I guess I will have to cut my trip short and return early to pick up the car. Regardless, I’m still very excited and looking forward for the delivery. Hope everyone will get your VIN and delivery soon!
congrats, long jouney of waiting is over for you. My OD: 01/20 still waiting, hope I will also get my VIN soon !

Reactions: James2023y

Looks like the MSM MYLR's are being delivered now.

Call Tesla. They may be able to help

Hey @James2023y are you close to the fremont plant? If so, just drop by and they can get you the car the same day. I’ll post my experience shortly

UPDATE

Was planning to go to the Fremont plant right when they open at 10am this morning. Before I left I got a message saying I could schedule delivery. Earliest slot was next day 3/20 @ 11am, not bad but what the hec let’s try for today anyways.

I got there and the SA said they could expedite the pickup for today by 4pm. I said that’s cool and then noticed my app said pick up at 3pm. The SA said I would get a text if it was ready earlier though. We ended up coming back around 230pm. The SA said it was almost ready and they were putting finishing touches on it and would get a text. We decided to walk around the lot while we waited. There weren’t many MYLR MSM around but we saw one near the front and I decided to check the VIN for kicks and there she was!

It’s funny that they said they were still working on it because no one was at all close the car. We started inspecting the exterior and then we got the text to unlock the car. We got a little confused about how to get in so we went back in and asked for some help but if it wasn’t for that we literally would have unlocked the car and been able to drive off right then and there. I also wonder if the car was sitting there at 10am as well lol

I think if we had gone during a scheduled delivery time this whole process would have been extremely quick but Im amazed how easy pickup is these days compared to 2018 when I purchased my Model S. It’s almost like a self serve car rental place. Get your car and get outta here!

The only 2 issues we had was the door trim on driver side is slightly misaligned so we scheduled a service call for it already and somehow we got a supercharger idle notification. I’m thinking they supercharged it for us and forgot to take it off the charger so that used up our free strike. I’ll probably call and complain and maybe ask for some free supercharging miles for the headache (and not to mention anxiety from the EDD) 😂

744D50F2-39B3-46CB-A467-822AA3FB36E6.jpeg

Hey @James2023y are you close to the fremont plant? If so, just drop by and they can get you the car the same day. I’ll post my experience shortly
Yes, I’m very close to factory. My problem right now is that I’m currently out of town, but they want to deliver my car mid week. I asked them if they can do Friday or Saturday, and they said they only hold the car for 3 days. So I think I might have to cut my trip short.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Was planning to go to the Fremont plant right when they open at 10am this morning. Before I left I got a message saying I could schedule delivery. Earliest slot was next day 3/20 @ 11am, not bad but what the hec let’s try for today anyways.

I got there and the SA said they could expedite the pickup for today by 4pm. I said that’s cool and then noticed my app said pick up at 3pm. The SA said I would get a text if it was ready earlier though. We ended up coming back around 230pm. The SA said it was almost ready and they were putting finishing touches on it and would get a text. We decided to walk around the lot while we waited. There weren’t many MYLR MSM around but we saw one near the front and I decided to check the VIN for kicks and there she was!

It’s funny that they said they were still working on it because no one was at all close the car. We started inspecting the exterior and then we got the text to unlock the car. We got a little confused about how to get in so we went back in and asked for some help but if it wasn’t for that we literally would have unlocked the car and been able to drive off right then and there. I also wonder if the car was sitting there at 10am as well lol

I think if we had gone during a scheduled delivery time this whole process would have been extremely quick but Im amazed how easy pickup is these days compared to 2018 when I purchased my Model S. It’s almost like a self serve car rental place. Get your car and get outta here!

The only 2 issues we had was the door trim on driver side is slightly misaligned so we scheduled a service call for it already and somehow we got a supercharger idle notification. I’m thinking they supercharged it for us and forgot to take it off the charger so that used up our free strike. I’ll probably call and complain and maybe ask for some free supercharging miles for the headache (and not to mention anxiety from the EDD) 😂

View attachment 919374

Congratulations. Is it really a thing to just show up at Fremont and ask for a car? Are there always a batch of cars that are not yet vin-matched that just happen to be there?

Scheduled delivery at 11AM tomorrow morning in fremont.

Got the below message this evening! What are they trying to say:rolleyes:

We will be notifying you via SMS as soon as your Tesla is staged for pick-up.
Please WAIT & DO NOT ACCEPT THE DELIVERY until you've received a FINAL pick-up notification text WITH SLOT NUMBER to avoid any unnecessary delay. Meanwhile, please log onto your Tesla App and complete your e-signature agreements if you have not done so.
For further information, kindly refer to the following links

UPDATE

View attachment 919374
what is ur vin seq? mine 7SAYG######

Congratulations. Is it really a thing to just show up at Fremont and ask for a car? Are there always a batch of cars that are not yet vin-matched that just happen to be there?
No only do this if you have a VIN since that means the car is built and somewhere there. If you don’t have a VIN depending on the SA they won’t even bother checking anything for you and say just check the mobile app

Reactions: procrastin8r
EDD46: Mar 22-28. After being inside three different delivery windows and having to cancel three different trips, the torture MAY end soon. Got VIN yesterday. Pickup will be at Fremont.

The Tesla App now reads, "Make Your Final Payment - Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery." Of course, Tesla wants me to pay now but I plan to pay via certified check after inspection and acceptance of the car. But given how they jerked me through 46 EDD changes I'm a little concerned they'll prioritize other buyers paying electronically.

Who here has paid by certified check? Who by electronic transfer using the Tesla App?