Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We moved our delivery up to this afternoon, so hopefully I'll have an update on the delivery process and initial quality later tonight.

One interesting thing of note, we received a call from the SC and they stated they are doing "express deliveries" and only have 10-15min scheduled for each car to quickly go over details. They stated it is due to the large number of deliveries they are processing over the next week. Hopefully is goes smoothly!
Picking mine up tomorrow at Dublin. Just wondering, we don't have to set up service appointment at the pick up location right away, right? I mean I can go home and take my time to check everything then submit the service request through the app within 7 days or 100 miles? Also, once you submitted a service request, can you add additional issues in the same request?

Picking mine up tomorrow at Dublin. Just wondering, we don't have to set up service appointment at the pick up location right away, right? I mean I can go home and take my time to check everything then submit the service request through the app within 7 days or 100 miles? Also, once you submitted a service request, can you add additional issues in the same request?
That's what I have read/heard before, and we plan to verify that before leaving the lot. I'll update on how that experience goes.

EDD pushed to 25-31 March. Sucks :( I really wanted a car before the end of march. I don't have a hope of getting the vehicle in that EDD since I have not received the message to prepare for delivery.

Prev EDD: 21-31 march
Fremont CA.

My EDD pushed to 3/29 - 3/31, previously was 3/17 - 3/31. Fingers crossed that magically they'll provide a VIN and delivery schedule options soon. I have the same config as you, but OD was 2/3.

I'm live in Fremont so hopefully that helps :)

Took home delivery today. Car looks to be in excellent condition as we did not find any flaws. The long wait is finally over and we get to enjoy our new ride now. :)

E6AE7252-4856-4F83-BD9C-5B433A752051.jpeg

1EF19E6F-57B9-4434-8253-7524BC0D48EA.jpeg
4DAB5828-4E1A-4A0F-8CB5-3C7E7BAE6E53.jpeg

Last edited:
We picked up our new MY yesterday and I wish I could say it was a pefect experience but it had a few issues.

Interior was clean, no quality/fit/finish issues to be found other than one smudge on the glass roof and that is just being picky. The exterior has it's share of minor issues. Panel gaps are okay with a few being a little inconsistant but nothing overly out of line, but paint quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Several paint nibs, a few small scratches that look easily buffed out, and a couple spots it looked like the SC poorly attempted to used TU paint to correct something. But the largest defect was the left rear door looks like they had an issue and attempted to sand/respray at the factory. Hard to explain, but best way to put it is a 5x5in area with straight sanding marks that were painted and cleared over. It is decently noticeable, so we have service ticket open for that an few of the other small paint defects. I know that doing a full detail and ceramic coat will take care of most the issues, but the door needs to be addressed. Not surprised by the paint issues, but just dissappointing to see such a lack of paint quality from an OEM in 2023. Gotta hit that Q1 numbers I guess!!

SC was super busy, to the point we had zero contact w/ any associate until we were done and went inside to verify the 7day/100mi initial issues reporting limit. We asked about the issues we found and were told to submit a service ticket via the app, which we already did on our own, so just a very odd experience, but maybe it is to be expected?

All other functionally worked as expected (kinda sad we have to even say this, lol!), and the car drives perfect and has no booming or road noise issues.

They’re really moving quickly now - got a text from Sunnyvale delivery center saying delivery scheduled for 3/26, but apparently I could get it sooner or TODAY if I respond. I guess it’s at the lot in Sunnyvale. Still need to get docs in order so I’m not quite ready

Just got a VIN within the last hour (OD 2/9, Blue/Black MYP). Fremont build

Reactions: James2023y
Got the below message before an hour.

We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned this month. Review your completed delivery tasks and tutorial videos in the Tesla app to get prepared.

Any idea how long it takes to get the VIN after we receive this message? I was contemplating to switch to 7 seater to get a delivery in March.

OD: 01/21
EDD: 25-31 March
Fremont.

Got the below message before an hour.

We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned this month. Review your completed delivery tasks and tutorial videos in the Tesla app to get prepared.

Any idea how long it takes to get the VIN after we receive this message? I was contemplating to switch to 7 seater to get a delivery in March.

OD: 01/21
EDD: 25-31 March
Fremont.
Within 2 days.

Reactions: senthilkr
I had a soft match delivery date of 3/25 a couple of weeks ago. I changed the color from white to MSM a few days ago, since we already have a white Tesla, and wife thought that may not be good to have 2 white cars. Got a delivery notice: either 3/24 or 3/25. So that soft match works out, even though we changed the color.