Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go versus Agile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm switching to Go Faster as of midnight tonight, from Agile. Actually feels like a bit of a relief, if I'm honest.

Anticipating how bad Agile prices are going to be the following day at the moment hasn't been fun, particularly the last few days.

Reactions: Medved_77
I'm afraid I had to do the same @Durzel from this Tuesday - eye watering Agile rates may continue for some time so I chose 4 hours, 5p 02.30-06.30. We really didn't want to do this but it was a joint decision - my wife was anxious about things she wants or needs to do during the day & prices 20p-35p were causing anxiety, not least because she's been using the oven a lot less than she would like during the evenings.

The reasoning for the time slot is that when solar starts to regularly fill the house batteries (early spring) that will see us through until bed time & normally runs out sometime in the early hours. Charging & other appliances can be set after that, hence the later Go Faster slot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel
I'm switching to Go Faster as of midnight tonight, from Agile. Actually feels like a bit of a relief, if I'm honest.

Anticipating how bad Agile prices are going to be the following day at the moment hasn't been fun, particularly the last few days.
Any advice on getting to the Go Faster tariffs? I'm currently on Go, and was told to email smart@octopus however it's been a few days and I've yet to hear back.

Any advice on getting to the Go Faster tariffs? I'm currently on Go, and was told to email smart@octopus however it's been a few days and I've yet to hear back.

I sent a direct message on Twitter to Octopus asking to switch to Go Faster. They sent the invite survey within a few hours, I had the confirmation they accepted the slot I requested within a couple of days - the switch then happened at midnight when I accepted the T&Cs on their slot confirmation email.

I emailed the same address, then again about a day later asking if there was any update. An hour or so after that second email I received the survey email and followup one confirming it.

• Informative
Reactions: Arran
Yes Agile ridiculous rates currently, notice you cant cant change to Go online, option doesn't appear when selecting Change Tariff, do have to contact them by email?
If you're an existing customer you need to go to the product page of the tarrif you want to switch to. Sign in to your account then go to:

Octopus Energy

Towards the bottom there's an option for existing customers to sign up.

Only takes a minute and then you should be moved over at midnight the next day.

• Helpful
Reactions: metropolis
If you're an existing customer you need to go to the product page of the tarrif you want to switch to. Sign in to your account then go to:

Octopus Energy

Towards the bottom there's an option for existing customers to sign up.

Only takes a minute and then you should be moved over at midnight the next day.
Thanks, just signed up 2 mins before Midnight, not obvious on the site, very helpful :)

Reactions: Medved_77