Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you let use know at what point you had to hand them the check? Were you able to inspect the car inside and out before payment? Thanks!
yeah I'll post here afterward, though I don't plan on going over the car with a fine tooth comb or anything. I plan to make sure all teh windows work, both trunks, make sure there's no scratches, then I'm good to go. Not doing a 75 point checklist or any nonsnense like that

Can you let use know at what point you had to hand them the check? Were you able to inspect the car inside and out before payment? Thanks!

So I was able to get my trade done and everything and then inspect the vehicle for as long as I wanted before I finally came in and signed everything and handed them the check. Went very smoothely and car is pretty much perfect. Wasn't detailed like I would have liked, but they said they had 20+ deliveries yesterday so I'm not surprised.

Reactions: hatch
Congrats! Love your new car!

I'm worried about this very thing you speak of. I have a reservation also.

Until Tesla has real competition, which may or may not be coming soon, they will be able to get away with this.

The biggest worry i have is Tesla requiring payment before you are able to inspect the car. Can i ask what payment type you used, and at what point in the process you paid? I hate the thought of paying any money before i know what condition the car is in. It's bad enough that you can't drive it before any money changes hands - i know i have to accept that.

But is it possible to inspect the car inside and out before payment? If not, is it at least possible to inspect the car inside and out before accepting delivery? I've heard that the car does not get unlocked until you accept delivery. Was that your experience?
Our car was unlocked and I had paid online prior to my delivery. However, I believe you should be able to take a cashiers check to your delivery. My SA did not insist on accepting delivery before we did the inspection. However, they don’t tell you that once you accept delivery, the car is off their hands.
I would suggest that you have your SA log any issues in their system before you click on Accept Delivery. Good luck!

Reactions: hatch
Hello, new here! Just wanted to see if any other Devon delivery folks are here?! Look forward to talking with you all.

MYLR | OD 9/20 | Midnight Silver | No tow | 5 seats | 19" Wheels | No FSD
Yep. Devon delivery here. Ordered back in Feb, put it on hold and released it on 9/14. Blue/black/5/19". EDD window opens Jan 15th for now. Do you have an EDD yet?

View attachment 723214View attachment 723215I was to pick the car up on Wednesday, but got the call to come get it yesterday if I wanted. My son and I couldn’t say no

F1386515-3A59-4E0D-8227-5D20EBA8603E.jpeg
03E2DDF6-228C-4603-8D6F-F67FD2FEC18B.jpeg

Finally joined after lurking for quite a while.

Just how accurate and trustworthy are the EDD windows? Around the 2nd week of August, I ordered a white MY, black interior, base wheels, and my only add-on was the tow hitch. It initially said January 2022. It then moved to Nov. 28 - Dec. 20, then between Nov. 10 - Nov. 28. I just checked this morning, and it's now Oct. 28 - Nov. 10. As I've seen on this forum, the dates ranges move up and back with regularity, but I'm inclined to believe my date range due to the narrow window. I was planning on taking delivery in 2022, and I was fine with waiting (still got a few months left on a lease), but now that the date is possibly close, I'm not sure I want to wait...

Finally had my profile updated! Got an EDD of 02/09/2022-03/10/2022, now let's hope that my old car makes it that long and mmayyyybe, just maybe the EDD shifts a month or two to the good!

MYLR | OD 9/20 | Profile completed 09/21 | EDD 02/09-03/10 | Midnight Silver | No tow | 5 seats | 19" Wheels | No FSD

Just looked and my EDD slid to Feb 25-Mar 25... sucks but maybe this is will mean 4680 batteries! Wishful thinking but mayyybe...

MYLR | OD 9/20 | Profile completed 09/21 | EDD 02/09-03/10 02/25-02/25 | Midnight Silver | No tow | 5 seats | 19" Wheels | No FSD