Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Conference BBQ, Thurs, 7/17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bonnie had generously offered some wood for the Saturday beach outing. We don't need much, just enough for standard CA fire pit for a couple hours. Can I get a volunteer to drive some wood back from Bonnie's?

I have a large roll of plastic sheeting/duct tape (think 'Dexter' :) ), so we can make sure your Model S is protected.

Ooh, fishing? Can we go fishing in the creeks?

When I say 'creek', I really mean little creek. Go wading if you want. There are fish, but really too little to be used for anything but bait. Crawdads, though! The raccoons like to look for them at night. And you can pan for gold. We've found more than a few flakes. Tis gold country, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

And lots and lots of frogs in the pond. And a turtle or two.

I have two spots to charge at my garage, a NEMA 14-50 240/40amp and a Roadster HPC 240/70amp. I have a Roadster UMC for use with the 40 amp & Clipper Creek is bringing a portable J1772 that will also work with that for the Leafs/Coda. There will be a whiteboard for signups and amount of miles needed - I don't think it's going to be logistically difficult, since the Model S all have a nearby Supercharger. Just a few Leafs, a Coda, and a few Roadsters that will need top off miles to get back to the Bay area. I've worked out a plan with Tom Saxton to get his Roadster fully charged overnight - he can take mine and return it in the morning - if we run out of charge time.)
My trip from Sunnyvale will be 150 miles, so my Roadster will need more than a "top off" to get back home -- it would be more like 2 to 2.5 hours @ 70A. I can arrive early (by 2 if not 1) if the chargers would otherwise be idle then and thereby spread the demand for the chargers over a longer period. However, if somebody else already has dibs on that time slot, I'm considering an alternative to go a little bit out of the way and stop at Woodland to charge for an hour or so while cooling my heels at Starbucks. Obviously, spending that hour at your place to help with setup in whatever way I can would be preferred.

My trip from Sunnyvale will be 150 miles, so my Roadster will need more than a "top off" to get back home -- it would be more like 2 to 2.5 hours @ 70A. I can arrive early (by 2 if not 1) if the chargers would otherwise be idle then and thereby spread the demand for the chargers over a longer period. However, if somebody else already has dibs on that time slot, I'm considering an alternative to go a little bit out of the way and stop at Woodland to charge for an hour or so while cooling my heels at Starbucks. Obviously, spending that hour at your place to help with setup in whatever way I can would be preferred.

You've got first dibs on the HPC. Tom is covered with our 'swap cars' plan. And we can work other Roadsters in on the 40 amp as necessary. Basically I see that the Roadsters needing to get back to the Bay area will have first dibs ... and I have a volunteer for 'charging czar' who can coordinate who needs what and we'll make sure everyone gets enough miles. Clipper Creek also has an HPC (70 amp) about 15 minutes away on I80, worst case.

Where's that 400 mile pack, Elon! :)

When I say 'creek', I really mean little creek. Go wading if you want. There are fish, but really too little to be used for anything but bait. Crawdads, though! The raccoons like to look for them at night. And you can pan for gold. We've found more than a few flakes. Tis gold country, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

And lots and lots of frogs in the pond. And a turtle or two.

Man, I have no idea where my gold pan is.

If anyone is driving back from BBQ to Monterey Friday morning and has room for one person and a suitcase send me a PM. I'm riding there with GasDoc but he has a meeting in San Francisco around noon so would get to the conference later than I need to help out with setup and registration. Thanks.

Gosh darn it! I won't be going to Bonnie's after all. I am too weak. I think this will be the highlight of the whole trip for everyone. Have a great time, and stop to say hi to me at TMC connect.

Just wanting to post a quick pic or two from my perspective of the BBQ parking lot. Quadcopters ran fine, no one (at least until I left) had crashed, burned, chopped anything. It was a really great time. I hope we do this again every year!!!!!!

I let Kraken and Mrs. Kraken run the Quad and take pictures. In the second shot, Bonnie and several others were busy taking pictures of the flyers.

This is Bonnie's back lot. The house was gorgeous, the planning impeccable, everything was perfect. The hot weather even cooled down. We did not fly over the people, pool, pets, patio, but stayed out on the perimeter.

Connect 6.jpg
Kraken 3.jpg

I gotta ask, was this a people bearing copter? I know the Kracken's are pilots, but originally I though your copters were all small drones taking photos, now I'm thinking Bonnie has enough land for an actual copter landing pad, and you guys actually flew in. How awesome is that!!!