Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Your order is confirmed" email arrives just after midnight on Day 8

The expected "Your order is confirmed" email arrived at 12:22 AM on Day 8:

Your Order Is Confirmed 1.JPG

Your Order Is Confirmed 2.JPG

Your Order Is Confirmed 3.JPG

On MyTesla, the button changes to [VIEW DESIGN]:

Confirmed 1.JPG

And there you have it: Thanks timf and FlatSix911 for the recent answers on the silver/black metallics.
Ordered midnight silver. If I change anything, it will be the color. I have thought all this time I'd get Pearl White, but what the heck, changed my mind. So it's either that, midnight silver, or titanium. I'll probably go down to the "store" tomorrow to get a look, now that it matters!!
How does Midnight Silver compare to good ol' Dolphin Grey? Seems darker, on the website renders, certainly. I'm familiar w the D. Grey, but not sure if I've seen the Midnight Silver in person (!?)

Mike,
Congratulations on your configuration and order.
I went with the Midnight Silver because it looks like metallic black in low light and metallic grey in day light. Also does not show dirt and hides swirls... unlike black.

I've seen a couple of Model S's out in the sun that look light tan/champagne. I thought those cars were Titanium. I haven't seen the Midnight Silver Metallic in person yet, but I was under the impression that it looked like Chamath Palihapitiya's Model X.

#4787 invited to configure. Woot!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, maybe this has been discussed already but it seems that if you select the Premium Upgrades Package, you lose the fabric seats option and only get the black leather, tan leather or white "vegan" interior options. So in other words, if you want just the uber HEPA air filter, you end up paying $4500 + $2500 = $7,000 as you also have to select one of the premium seating options. Ouch. I do like the idea of the air filter. But this seems a bit harsh.

View attachment 102807

Congrats! TMC wouldn't let me give you any more reputation, but very useful info, and very disheartening... Hope Tesla offers the air filter separately at least at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. That's the Titanium. Looks like a light brown or gold.

Yep. Several pics & a video of the Titanium Silver in these articles:

Model X Signature Reservation Holders Receive Estimated Delivery Times VINs (+ Pics From The Wild) | EV Obsession

New Tesla Model X Photos/Sightings | EV Obsession

(Mostly found on TMC, btw.)

Congratulations on your confirmation.

I'm not gonna lie, the Silver looks too bland for me. I'm going the Pearl white, with the 7 seat config in the colors you've selected.

I was considering the 6 seat config, but the biggest problem is the lack of armrests. I am really really hoping that the 7th (middle) seat in the 2nd row has the flip down armrest like we saw in Elon's car at the reveal.

I have to say.... Pearl white was my absolute favorite until the reveal showed the new nose. To me it ended up looking to "plasticky/storm trooperish". The silver gives the contrast, and the metallic with a touch of color makes the front look more high end (tough decision, though... Especially with the white interior). The arm rest thing I never considered... Hmmm... Not sure I'd redo it (configuration confirmed yesterday) but an irritant, none the less... Thanks for your input

- - - Updated - - -

Giggle. Mid January. Right.

Ive adjusted to mid Cebruary. I just bought a pre owned S, so I'm not as impatient as before lol

Congrats!

I'm actually liking the silver. Add the carbon wheels and we're really talking!

- - - Updated - - -

Which was the sig red. Not an option for us lowly general production reservations! ;-)

The pre owned S I just bought has the carbon wheels, and it looks too much for me. I love it, but it seems it's trying too hard, I suppose. I have a hang up about the dark wheels. Like mid life crisis type stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

From the reveal. I didn't take any pics of the red one used for test drives.

.View attachment 102263
View attachment 102264

- - - Updated - - -

OK, not a great shot but this was the red one being used for test drives.
View attachment 102265

I can can almost guarantee that the reveal cars were the same as the test drive cars. I was there, and it seemed that way... Can't guarantee, but certainly seems likely given the quantity we have seen delivered

- - - Updated - - -

Elon tweeted yesterday that Founders #13 was just delivered, so anyone thinking you're going to get your Model X sooner rather than later can keep on dreamin'.

http://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=11109598

At the rate of 6-7 cars per month delivered, it doesn't seem likely that December will magically see 1,200+ appear.

i know they are hard at work, and many have been completed, or nearly so, and holding...

The lack of armrests is a concern for me as well, but I'm sticking with the 6-seater. I hope Tesla offers the console they they showed at the reveal.

Thankfully I won't be asked to configure for at least a couple of weeks (Production 8k). However, if I move forward, it's going to be a 6-seater for sure. I don't want the console, though. I like the openness and ability to climb through, if necessary, without moving seats. So armrests are a biggie for me as well.

I'm glad I'm not in a real hurry. I have my MS and it covers 95+% of our driving needs. I'll probably hold out on finalizing configuration until I've:

1. Seen one in person and driven it.
2. Digested the feedback from our community here once they take delivery.

So yeah.. confirm in January, if I'm lucky.