Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen discoloration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting increasingly worried about this. It seems like a regular occurrence that the replacement screen also goes yellow. And the MCU/screen change is not a cost you want to take on outside of warranty I'm sure.

But I travel a lot and am nearing the end of my warranty. I hope Tesla will make good on their screen if it yellows again, out of goodwill, as it is becoming more and more documented that the replacement screens yellow out as well, and thus I don't want to be stuck having to cover the replacement costs while Tesla is installing replacements going rapidly out of spec.

My feb 2018 build S 75D with mcu1 just developed this today.

I just noticed this the last week on my similar Model S75D Feb 2018 build. I'm kinda pissed to be honest, even if it doesn't cost me anything to get it replaced. I don't want it to fail again in a year or two or three when it would cost me $1000+.

In a similar vein, whats the best way to set up an appointment for them to come out and fix this? I have to be at work before the Service Center opens each day and can't leave to drop off my car

I've had the yellow lines develop and have been in contact with the local SC, who told me last month they would order the part and make an appointment. After sending them an e-mail asking if the part was expected to arrive soon, I was told "The display is ordered, but a new part does not exist yet. Engineering is working on a solution where your issue will not reappear, which is why we prefer not to simply exchange your display for the same quality."

It sounds like Tesla may be looking into a more permanent fix to this problem (as opposed to changing every affected owner's screen every year or so)..

I've had the yellow lines develop and have been in contact with the local SC, who told me last month they would order the part and make an appointment. After sending them an e-mail asking if the part was expected to arrive soon, I was told "The display is ordered, but a new part does not exist yet. Engineering is working on a solution where your issue will not reappear, which is why we prefer not to simply exchange your display for the same quality."

It sounds like Tesla may be looking into a more permanent fix to this problem (as opposed to changing every affected owner's screen every year or so)..

same here in Switzerland as well: they recorded my case but will wait to have a definitive solution before working on it.

Finally the work hours seem to get too pricey or they are running out of crap screen stock...
Here in Germany any replaced part comes with its own warranty, so if they have to exchange them for new ones every year, they do so at their own expense until the car is a write off...