Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it mean that there is no suggestion of lane changes to take the right bifurcation?
Is there in this case any suggestion of lane changes, for not getting stuck on low speed lane?
It seems a pretty much big part of the upgrade left off for us... Very sad...

Unfortunately, I wasn't joking... in Europe it looks like v9.0 will bring us nothing else than:
- the UI refresh
- the dashcam feature (only if you're on AP2.5)
- the blind-spot warning (although it looks like it's not very reliable)

That's it.

• Informative
Reactions: fmonera
Europe used to get all the features pretty much in the same time as US was. But since the last year we are left behind. (9 months for the new navigation)

I'm pretty sad with this new discriminating approach.
US maps came out around april, EU maps are rolling out since July. That's only 3 months...
However, the point is still the same. Unfortunately they mainly focus on the US, the rest only comes after

• Love
Reactions: Cowbell
Unfortunately, I wasn't joking... in Europe it looks like v9.0 will bring us nothing else than:
- the UI refresh
- the dashcam feature (only if you're on AP2.5)
- the blind-spot warning (although it looks like it's not very reliable)

That's it.
Like us in Australia. Though you forget we get pretty pictures of trucks, bikes and pedestrians and icons behind and not just ahead.

US maps came out around april, EU maps are rolling out since July. That's only 3 months...

True, however I'm not sure about the roll out in the US but for example I received the new maps only 2 weeks ago because my dealership agreed to do the update manually on my car. Otherwise, I still wouldn't have them... are there still owners in the US not having the new maps?

Like us in Australia. Though you forget we get pretty pictures of trucks, bikes and pedestrians and icons behind and not just ahead.

You're right. But that's not a feature. Sure it's nice to have / see but well, won't change anything at all except for the "wow" effect.

Are you sure? That was on a firmware version before unprompted lane change was disabled. Now that it has, what would be holding back a wider availability of the feature?

Well I don't know any non-US user which already has the final v9.0 public version running, so I guess we can't be sure. But there might be some regulatory approval required?

So I'm going to set my car to charge at only 1A overnight to make sure it never goes to sleep... give it every chance possible of downloading since it goes to sleep between 10pm and 5am even with always on enabled.
I tried doing this and the lowest I could set the car to charge at (via the HPWC) was 5A. With 3 phase power that should just give me enough over the power save period for today's drive... maybe I need to go for a longer drive.

And wouldn't you know it? My internet connection is incredibly unstable tonight, for the first time in more than a couple of years... WTF.

Last edited:
Reactions: wesley888
Well I don't know any non-US user which already has the final v9.0 public version running, so I guess we can't be sure. But there might be some regulatory approval required?
I suspect all of the EAP features that demand you have your hands on the wheel at all times do not require any regulatory approval anywhere. I think that's a red herring and representative of all of us being scarred by the FSD advertising talking of regulatory approval as being an excuse/reason for it not existing yet.

For all of you that actually thought V9.0 would be release by weeks end....have a cup from the Kool-aid fount.....for all of you that will defend Elon and his Tweets diplomats and defenders alike saying he didn’t say “WHICH WEEK” have a swim in the kool-aid pond.

For the rest of us...that knew it was not going to happen...enjoy your favorite micro-brew Oktoberfest and wait patiently. Lol lol

For all of you that actually thought V9.0 would be release by weeks end....have a cup from the Kool-aid fount.....for all of you that will defend Elon and his Tweets diplomats and defenders alike saying he didn’t say “WHICH WEEK” have a swim in the kool-aid pond.

For the rest of us...that knew it was not going to happen...enjoy your favorite micro-brew Oktoberfest and wait patiently. Lol lol
I recommend:

957419.jpg

I don’t know what would require regulatory approval. It’s suggesting a lane which it moves to once you’ve signalled which it does exactly like the already rolled out automatic lane change. I could have understood if it still changed without prompt but now it doesn’t.

Reactions: gearchruncher