Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of you folks who have gone to great lengths to set up logging for your Tesla's Wi-Fi usage crack me up... your update will come when it comes. Patience is a virtue.

Indeed. Your admonition (even tho presented with laughter at us) has caused me to reflect on "patience". (also visualize on air quotes) I have intensified my prayer session. "Oh vast cosmos, ruled by Elon with VP's gathered 'round him, grant me the gift of patience. And grant it to me RIGHT NOW." (um....I don't know how to log on to the wi fi usage....but if I did ....I would add that to the burning of incense, hourly prayers, sacrifice of refrigerator meat......on and on....)

Moderator note: When there's a version 9-ish build that's actually going to a significant amount of the fleet, I intend that we'll have a new thread for it, same as with most other firmware versions. If it happens to be a version that's already been discussed in this thread, expect some thread surgery. Also, when we get to that point, I'm going to be more of a stickler for keeping discussion on-topic. :-D

Bruce.

Version “39” means software was built in week 39. It is Tesla’s method of software version control.
So 2018.39.3 is the 3rd software build of week 39. Week 39 was last week. 39.0 came out on Wednesday (?). Since Wednesday they made 3 fixes, so they are finding issues and fixing them in short order before general release.
Week 40 started TODAY. Any new software builds for this week will be 2018.40.x. I believe once they stop doing almost daily revs and latest software version is stable for a few days, they should start rolling it out to the general public.

That is not necessarily true, and has proven to not be true in the past. Further releases of the week 39 branch may continue to be released.
And if we are using past releases, wouldn't 2018.40 come out in week 41? I hope the first v9 does not completely follow prior releases and more of the fleet gets .39 this week. Seems to me most releases start out very small for a few days and then start to increase quickly after that if it going to lot of cars. Also, we are still seeing much more cars getting .36 which needs to reduce to almost 0.

Moderator note: When there's a version 9-ish build ............. Also, when we get to that point, I'm going to be more of a stickler for keeping discussion on-topic. :-D

Bruce.

On topic??? When I was a young boy, growing up in a Communist regime in Europe...they took my mother away and I.....

Uh oh. The stress and anticipation of V9, I think, has caused me to go off topic to the extreme. I will now go stand in the corner of shame. (if I hear the alarm I have rigged to notify me of a version update I admit I will scamper to the vehicle)

V9 is really causing some insanity.. wow.

I don't believe it's coming today!

Instead,
how about all of us who are flipping about 9, go out and clean out our cars' interiors some; refresh the vehicle physically, that way we can get a nice full feeling when V9 is released. Some of us need to take a breather!
It's a good feeling to have a complete connection with all segments of your car when excited about such an event!

Instead,
how about all of us who are flipping about 9, go out and clean out our cars' interiors some; refresh the vehicle physically, that way we can get a nice full feeling when V9 is released. Some of us need to take a breather!
It's a good feeling to have a complete connection with all segments of your car when excited about such an event!

Good idea! It will feel like a brand new car again.

Reactions: selfbp