Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any options for an audio warning when blinker is on and vehicle detected in blind spot?
That would be much more useful than the line changing to red on the display.

Not sure I would like an audio warning. I briefly enabled the audio warning for exceeding the speed limit and turned it off again because it would really startle me so bad that I would almost veer off the road. A visual warning on the screen is much better for me.

No it's geofenced to death. Also it's only for US, so the whole country is geofenced.

Ok.

AP1 has no way of checking the blind spot.
Blind spot monitoring was one of the features listed for AP1 cars, "coming soon via software upgrade" of course since AP1, not unlike AP2, didn't do anything when first sold. Of course we now know it was just another one of Elon's brain-farts, he thought we could make parking sensors work as blind spot monitors, something he could have easily disproven by having a couple of interns drive around and see how ultrasonics don't work well at speed, wind, rain, etc. They are called PARKING sensors for a reason.

There are two versions of 9.0 already
2018.39 4a3910f and 2018.39.0.1 dcb43fb

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 173
Not sure I would like an audio warning. I briefly enabled the audio warning for exceeding the speed limit and turned it off again because it would really startle me so bad that I would almost veer off the road. A visual warning on the screen is much better for me.
I prefer the audio since my eyes are usually checking to my side when I'm changing lanes, not looking forward down at my instrument cluster. I had a Cadillac rental car a while back ago, and the seat would vibrate for various safety issues (such as cross traffic alert while backing up, it was actually pretty awesome). That would be my preference, but unfortunately not possible with current Teslas.

I actually like the audio warning for speed limit since it's a good way to be alerted you're going a certain speed above the speed limit, but it is quite annoying when you're hovering right at it and it goes off multiple times a minute. It lets me focus more on the road than on the information cluster, but then again that causes issues for me with AutoPilot nags since I don't see the flashing white when my hands aren't detected :(