Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.5 a1c2332 (first 9.0 release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a dealbreaker...camera at the bottom of the screen is not helpful at all. Give us the option elon!
I guess it is different for various people. I purposely put the camera at the bottom of the screen, so it is of no concern to me, yet I understand you might be as upset about it being at the bottom as I would if it were locked at the top. ;) I would hope it to still be a user choice as to where to place it.

Just had Mobile Service out to perform annual maintenance.. he pushed out 36.2 (I was still back on 34). After 36.2 installed he checked and v39 was not available for my VIN (would not allow him to push it OTA). I am fairly certain I have AP2.5 car as well, and purchased FSD (received the car in late September 2017, placed the order after the October announcement of AP2.5). Seems they are still selectively rolling out to VIN's and it is not a broad release.

Mobile Service was not able to complete the maintenance on my car, so i will be needing to take it into the Service Center in a few hours.. Will poke them as well to see if they have any different access to push/install than the Mobile Service folks, doubt it, but worth a shot!
If you car was BUILT in Sept. 2017 then you have AP2.5. I you bought inventory then maybe it was built much earlier. My car was BUILT the last week of Sept. 2017 and I have AP2.5.

Me too. I hope it doesn’t force all of the “apps” to the bottom of the screen. I like having my rear view camera at the top. Hopefully it will allow just as much or more customization of where we can put all of the information we use the most.

From all reports I doubt it. If the blind spot detector is reliable, I’m ok without the rear cam being up. Big if though.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Me too. I hope it doesn’t force all of the “apps” to the bottom of the screen. I like having my rear view camera at the top. Hopefully it will allow just as much or more customization of where we can put all of the information we use the most.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to place the apps on the upper half of the screen. As someone who ALWAYS had the rear camera displayed on the top half of the screen, this is very disappointing. Hopefully if we give enough feedback they will bring back the option in a future update.

Reactions: bredi