Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, some people want V7.

Legend has it, some have even left Tesla and gone back to ICE.

Does anyone else remember when AP2.0 came out? How everyone missed AP1 because it worked? Or how it read speed limit signs? Was smoother? Had rain sensing wipers? I remember personally asking Tesla to give me AP1 back. Then they updated, and sure. We can sit around and start complaining that speed limit signs are still not available based on camera readings, but do they REALLY matter?

Tesla gave us camera on top, I can deal with the 3mm of space.

Simple... I don't mess with the media player during my whole drive. I set the input, possibly the station, and then use the steering wheel for volume/pause/next/previous. On the other hand, I may want to use a web based app while monitoring the energy graph. Or use the rear camera for blindspot (before one person says a word, I'm on AP1) while using a web based app. Or use the phone controls while still using the web based app. Or any combination of these things.

And while we're on the subject... Why in the world does the Charging pop-up not work like the rest of the "apps"??? The map doesn't adjust so you can see your route when you pull-up the Charging pop-up.

Does anyone else remember when AP2.0 came out? How everyone missed AP1 because it worked? Or how it read speed limit signs? Was smoother? Had rain sensing wipers? I remember personally asking Tesla to give me AP1 back. Then they updated, and sure. We can sit around and start complaining that speed limit signs are still not available based on camera readings, but do they REALLY matter?

I wasn't talking about myself... I love progress and would kill to have V9. My whole post was purely pointing out exactly what you do.

There are some very entitled Tesla owners here, it’s amazing how nit picky they can be. That their opinion speaks for all of us. I like the stack, I wasn’t a fan of the camera on the button but it didn’t ruin my life like it did to some here. I think its awesome they listened and moved it back on top...but they still complain.

Maybe Tesla is working on something down the future that this UI works better with...we don’t know everything, they know a lot more. Happy compromises are happy.

3mm of space? Don't brush people off when you don't understand the problem and it doesn't impact you. They completely changed the operation of the UI for many drivers, which is why there was such an uproar about this. And yes, there was an uproar, I spent about 45 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone in support about my coolant pump constantly running. When they indicated they were open to feedback I mentioned the camera issue and they said they were getting flooded with complaints about it.

...it seems rearview camera on top is only possible with media player showing...

Base on the picture, this looks like a consolation prize after taking away the user customizable 2 windows.

Version 9.42 is more customizable than its prior V9 but it still has not fully restored V8 customization.

This limited customization seems to be: you can have anything on top in the place of the map as long as the bottom is media.

That means you lose the map if you place anything else on top (because you can't place the map down at the bottom as the media is there.)

Prior to V9, you can mix and match any way you want.

Version 9.42 is not a perfect solution to restore the customization but it's a quick good step.

At least, Tesla does listen to its whiners (including me) and that's a good thing!

Base on the picture, this looks like a consolation prize after taking away the user customizable 2 windows.

Version 9.42 is more customizable than its prior V9 but it still has not fully restored V8 customization.

This limited customization seems to be: you can have anything on top in the place of the map as long as the bottom is media.

That means you lose the map if you place anything else on top (because you can't place the map down at the bottom as the media is there.)

Prior to V9, you can mix and match any way you want.

Version 9.42 is not a perfect solution to restore the customization but it's a quick good step.

At least, Tesla does listen to its whiners (including me) and that's a good thing!

The developer put the minimum amount of effort into closing the issue so their boss could tell Elon it's been fixed.

3mm of space? Don't brush people off when you don't understand the problem and it doesn't impact you. They completely changed the operation of the UI for many drivers, which is why there was such an uproar about this. And yes, there was an uproar, I spent about 45 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone in support about my coolant pump constantly running. When they indicated they were open to feedback I mentioned the camera issue and they said they were getting flooded with complaints about it.

Um. Hi. I drove with the camera on top and submitted feedback to Tesla to allow it to be moved up top. Tesla responded and is allowing it back up top. That is not the issue.

I just think that we should be happy that Tesla responded, and quite frankly responded quickly to allowing us to have it up top. Would I prefer to have it full width? Yes. And while I haven’t seen anyone legitimately complain about the 3mm that prevents it from being full width; they are out there. And if you have a compelling argument about how the 3mm significantly impacts your life, I’d be happy and open to listening about how that might be-skeptical, but I’d listen and consider it.

So my post is geared towards that. The lack of full width is nowhere near the impact of having it on the bottom. So to my earlier post. Better to have a bike with training wheels than no bike at all.

This seems a bit hyperbolic. You wanted the camera on top, they gave you the camera on top. About 2 weeks later. Once you have this set up, it looks to be essentially identical to how it was in 8.x. I’m not seeing how that’s “worse” than not being able to have the camera on top at all.

Worse no, fixing the problem - also no. My complaint to them was specific about the swappable split screen functionality being gone and updating would remove my ability to have cam on top and browser with waze on bottom...so still not fixed. /sigh

Funny how we are driving some of the most advanced, cutting edge vehicles on the road, but complain when thing change.
:D
Yes, that thought has crossed my mind a few times. I've been thinking that the Amish folks got it right. They are at the opposite end of the technology spectrum, yet have the perfect autopilot. I've never heard of a horse causing a buggy wreck. It always stays perfectly on the road in any weather with no white lines needed, doesn't need cameras or sensors. :rolleyes:

Now watch, someone is going to go find an image of a buggy wreck.:D