Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.46.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys have bluetooth issues? Since V9 i have the first call doesnt go on speaker, they can hear me but i dont hear them. When i hang up and call back there is not problem anymore. I have deleted and reconnected my phone but did didnt solve the problem so
I waited for an software update and now have 46.2 but this did not solve the problem.. Any ideas?

I notice no difference in autowipers. turned it back off again.
Seems like autopilot has he same behavior too. Still insists on keeping in the middle when 2 lanes narrow into 1. I must look like an idiot to others :)

• Funny
Reactions: iboy
I got the update for 2018.46.2 last night and noticed this on the main display this morning:

ak4hRTF.jpg

Assuming this senses occupancy and disables rear climate. Other than that, not clear if there are any UI or functionality changes.

Got the same but stays there even when a mid row seat occupied. Always 2 steps forward, half a step back with these updates.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkJ
New bug (Elon would call it a feature) in 46.2

Let's say you want to turn on your steering wheel heater. Press the fan button and then the steering wheel button. After the fan button, there is a choice on the left side between A/C controls and heated seats/steering wheels. On older versions of software, the choice between fan/seats,wheel was "sticky", meaning that when you come back to turn off the steering wheel heater, you did not have to go through the menu again. That is now gone. As a result, turning on and off the steering wheel heater is now a 4 step process.

New bug (Elon would call it a feature) in 46.2

It's a bug which is a feature in Tesla's mind [we get a lot of those actually].

With 46.2, upon getting into the car and having an LTE signal, my browser never works unless a scroll-wheel reset has first been performed. No previous version did this.
Anyone else seeing that behaviour? Any other known remedy?

When I saw it, I assumed it was the third row since there's a separate HVAC for that row in the X. Perhaps it's a reminder so you can turn off heating/cooling to that part of the vehicle to save some energy.
Still confusing. Then why wouldn't they say 3rd row in the msg? So if you override auto HVAC for the rear then those settings are used *even* if noone is there? I guess that could make sense for pets and the seats are down or something or it is summer and you have your cooler back there on a roadtrip and you are minimizing ice meltage.

Updated to 2018.46.2 last night.
About an hour later, I brought up the notes and decided to check all my settings to make sure nothing had changed.
I brought up Smart Air Suspension to find that my car was in Jack Mode. I had to unplug it from the charger for the button to turn blue so I could disable it. I assumed it had something to do with the SC replacing my front Air Struts last week.
This can be a sign there is a leak in the air suspension, this is going on my own experience. I have an issue with the front dropping overnight because of a slow leak, instead of the Air suspension controller actually being 'smart' and telling you there is a height difference (or even a problem at all) it just defaults to being in Jack mode...why is there no notification to the driver this is the case?. When I turn off Jack mode (a daily necessity) I see the front auto raise to the height it was at.

Last edited:
if you quickly move the volume up/down with the left control wheel on the steering as soon as the call starts you will hear the caller.
it's just a workaround, they have to fix it in the software.
And I thought this was my phone playing up or for some reason I must have turned the BT volume all the way down on the previous call.
The programming team behind the MCU really need to get some more thorough testing happening before forcing us all to be beta testers, it seems like every update something else stops working correctly or they fiddle with layouts so you have to relearn locations of functions on the screen (not ideal when you are driving). Thank goodness the motor / powertrain engineers at Tesla are serious about their roll.
Maybe one day Elon will have a kindness moment and open source the MCU, I guarantee it would be brilliant if this happened. I run an open source Android version on my phone and it is better than anything the OEM's include.

Last edited:
Reactions: MelaniainLA
This can be a sign there is a leak in the air suspension, this is going on my own experience. I have an issue with the front dropping overnight because of a slow leak, instead of the Air suspension controller actually being 'smart' and telling you there is a height difference (or even a problem at all) it just defaults to being in Jack mode...why is there no notification to the driver this is the case?. When I turn off Jack mode (a daily necessity) I see the front auto raise to the height it was at.
OK,
I got back from the service center a few hours ago.
They inspected the sensors in my wheels. They said it all looks good. They are still reasonably certain that it is a firmware issue.

I got an explanation from the service center as to what the technicians believe is causing the spontaneous Jack Mode issue with my car.
I’ll do my best to accurately paraphrase what I was told:
Basically it’s a timing/communications issue which I assume, may not affect all configurations the same.
My car is a 2018 Model S 100D AEP 2.5/MCU2 with the new part AIR SPRING MODULE FR - MS2 DM (1067361-77-C) Front Right & Front Left.
They do not however believe that the new airspring modules have anything to do with the issue and that it would’ve occurred even if I hadn’t had them replaced.

Apparently, there is some sort firmware issue that results from the “Suspension computer” waking up as little as milliseconds before the rest of the car. The “Suspension Computer” sends a signal to the main computer as to its status. By the time the main computer is awake it has missed communication And assumes there is an issue with the suspension system and puts it in to fail safe (Jack Mode)
Apparently this is an issue that had occurred in a previous version of software that was fixed.
The belief is that it has somehow come back.
I was told that the fix is now in the works and will appear soon in an upcoming software release.

I notice no difference in autowipers. turned it back off again.
Seems like autopilot has he same behavior too. Still insists on keeping in the middle when 2 lanes narrow into 1. I must look like an idiot to others :)

How do you turn off auto wipers? I wish my first two settings were just time delayed giving me two options instead of the current set up where they sometimes go crazy over hardly any rain, and sometimes don't react at all to heavy rain.

Updated to 2018.46.2 last night.
About an hour later, I brought up the notes and decided to check all my settings to make sure nothing had changed.
I brought up Smart Air Suspension to find that my car was in Jack Mode. I had to unplug it from the charger for the button to turn blue so I could disable it. I assumed it had something to do with the SC replacing my front Air Struts last week. I called tech-support to get them to pull the logs for my SC.
The technician at the SC has determined that it doesn’t have anything to do with the work done on my car and it’s somehow related to the firmware update. They escalated it. After driving an plugging it in fore a few hours, it goes back into Jack Mode. (3 times total so far)
Anyone else with this issue on 2018.46.2?
If not, that is probably an incorrect assumption.

Actually, I finally got my v9 2018.46.2 update today, P100D March 2017... and I noticed it was also in Jack mode immediately after updating. I turned off Jack mode and have plugged it into charge, so will see what I come back to... but I never experienced this before the v9 update today. So, it figures that it's a bug in this particular firmware.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane