Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My windows fog with auto. I'm turning on windshield air almost every longer drive with v9.
I have been learning some new things about how the climate system works. Another member helped me greatly.
I have been leaving it in auto lately and works much better than me fighting the manual controls.
As far as the widows fogging the auto mode should be using fresh air setting and AC on instead of recirculated air to help alleviate that. Mine does in freezing temps.

Reactions: Bilen
I noticed there’s now a message displayed when you open the door and have the headlights on. Previously I only remember it dinging at you until you turned off the car (got up off the seat where the headlights would automatically turn off). At least they try making that ding make sense now by making it a warning about the battery.

I hope not, that would mean the engineers haven't been working on MCU stability and adding in useful features that are standard in many other cars.

Note that the lack on visible Easter eggs doesn’t mean none is on the code delivered with this update. It may be that it is in the firmware already, but not activated till some signal is sent from Tesla, or until a certain date is reached. If Tesla wants a time sensitive Easter egg to be available, then it would be best to deploy it way in advanced with it date locked.

Just took my first longish drive on AP since the update(from .42). Some observations:

1. The pretty rough/bouncy lane changes are gone. All lane changes were perfectly smooth again.

2. It actually suggests moving out of the passing lane now! If you’re in the far left lane and there’s no slower traffic to the right, it brings up the suggestion dialog to move to the right.

EDIT: Not sure I was clear enough with #2: it brings up a dialog specific to moving “out of the passing lane”. And, of course, this is during navigate on AP(NAP?)

US cars in Canada seem to keep autopilot for about a day. I assume until they go into a deeper sleep. We Canadians seem to also gain NoA about a day after we go into the US. So it seems country specific with the older firmwares. Nobody in Canada has yet answered if this adds it, but Elon mentioned that it would come to Canada in approximately this timeline.

With another 30 hour drive across the TransCanada, (and no superchargers yet), is REALLY like to have NoA, at least.

What would happen if a US car with NOA is driven across the border? Would NOA still work?

It would until Tesla determines where the car is in its back end systems. Theory is that this is done once a day or when the MCU is rebooted. Folks who have crossed the border in one direction or the other have reported getting NOA in the US and typically for a day in Canada or unless a reboot takes place.

So in theory, if someone lives in Point Roberts, and works somewhere in Vancouver area, he can drive with NOA enabled as long as he returns home everyday.
Point Roberts should pretty much just be part of Canada...
I guess the question is if NoA is safe to use in Canada. I would assume if US cars keep NoA in Canada for a day, then it ought to be safe to use for almost for safe for places within a few hours drive from the boarder right?

I have been leaving it in auto lately and works much better than me fighting the manual controls.
As far as the widows fogging the auto mode should be using fresh air setting and AC on instead of recirculated air to help alleviate that. Mine does in freezing temps.

Maybe it should, but for sure it doesn't here. So far I've noticed two scenarios of fogging in auto mode in current weather..
1/ it turns off A/C and turns on re-circulation (so humidity from breathing increases)
2/ it turns off blowing the air on windshield.

The one other thing the car shows for me is the PIN to Drive window pops up in different locations each time now, a minor security convenience. I’m actually surprised they did this.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

If so, it’s actually a good security feature.

If the box moves around, your fingerprints won’t be in the same place. Makes it harder for someone to guess your pin based on fingerprints of the numbers you use.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

If so, it’s actually a good security feature.

If the box moves around, your fingerprints won’t be in the same place. Makes it harder for someone to guess your pin based on fingerprints of the numbers you use.

I can confirm. I’m on 48.x and noticed this morning that the PIN to Drive box was in a random different location (one location when I first got in the car this morning and a different location when I stopped for coffee).

Has anyone lost complete cellular connectivity? I never got the update complete message but the car says 2018.48. Since the update WiFi works but I just see the bars with a line through them when I’m driving. Tried rebooting twice with my foot on the brake and the two scroll wheels and no luck!

I have lost almost all screen function with the new update.
See images of how it looks.

Did update Friday night, screen was like that most of the weekend after the update. At times it will flicker back to on with horrible graphics, but then go right back to the colored lines. Never had this issue before the Friday night update.

After charging last night (Sunday night), the screen was fine when I got in the car, but a mile into my drive, right back to colored lines. Reboots don't fix (can't do the re-boot via the screen, only two scroll wheels)
I did get the message that the Update Completed successfully, so I'm hoping they can just roll me back to the old update to fix this, as I don't think it's an issue with the update not fully finishing.
I guess the screen could have just gone out coincidentally.

Next service appointment is Jan 9th which is crazy because I don't want to go over a month with no MPH, no Back up Camera, no Proximity Chimes when parking (turned those off the day before so the baby wouldn't wake up while parking), No Sound/Music (it's frozen on something and the left scroll wheel don't start any music), No Navigate on Auto Pilot to work, etc. (first world problems)

If anyone has experienced this, please let me know. Waiting for a call back from Tesla now.

https://imgur.com/dpzm9aG
https://imgur.com/WAcYGO5
https://imgur.com/F0nErcJ

Attachments

• F0nErcJ.jpg
    F0nErcJ.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 134
I have lost almost all screen function with the new update.
See images of how it looks.

Did update Friday night, screen was like that most of the weekend after the update. At times it will flicker back to on with horrible graphics, but then go right back to the colored lines. Never had this issue before the Friday night update.

After charging last night (Sunday night), the screen was fine when I got in the car, but a mile into my drive, right back to colored lines. Reboots don't fix (can't do the re-boot via the screen, only two scroll wheels)
I did get the message that the Update Completed successfully, so I'm hoping they can just roll me back to the old update to fix this, as I don't think it's an issue with the update not fully finishing.
I guess the screen could have just gone out coincidentally.

Next service appointment is Jan 9th which is crazy because I don't want to go over a month with no MPH, no Back up Camera, no Proximity Chimes when parking (turned those off the day before so the baby wouldn't wake up while parking), No Sound/Music (it's frozen on something and the left scroll wheel don't start any music), No Navigate on Auto Pilot to work, etc. (first world problems)

If anyone has experienced this, please let me know. Waiting for a call back from Tesla now.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
I recommend posting here (equivalent thread in the Model 3 forum): Model 3 Software Update 2018.48.x