Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed 3 bugs...

1) The cars displayed in the IC don't show in their real position. For example, If I am passing a car, when the car is right beside me, it will show as about even with my front bumper.
2) When backing up, the feed from the rear camera will freeze at times.
3) When playing audio, there are audible pops, and it just does not seem to sound as good.

I wonder if the recent updates are more taxing on 2.5 hardware, and this is a sign of the processors struggling to keep up? I have a S75D, 06/18 build date.

I've noticed 3 bugs...

1) The cars displayed in the IC don't show in their real position. For example, If I am passing a car, when the car is right beside me, it will show as about even with my front bumper.
2) When backing up, the feed from the rear camera will freeze at times.
3) When playing audio, there are audible pops, and it just does not seem to sound as good.

I wonder if the recent updates are more taxing on 2.5 hardware, and this is a sign of the processors struggling to keep up? I have a S75D, 06/18 build date.
The “pops” you speak of a real thing. There is another thread related to the topic. But for some it’s a lot more. Jittery skipping and glitching of the streaming Audio whenever anything demanding is being done. Backup camera, route planning or sometimes just have the vector maps displayed. The audio quality has dropped significantly IMO since 8.5. And the frame rate loss appears to be the cause of the skipping audio. I keep holding out hope that it will be corrected in .12 but alas others that have upgraded say no.

• Informative
Reactions: bhakan

The 2.5 hardware has nothing to do with playing audio, that is all handled on the MCU. Do you have a car with MCU1 or MCU2? (MCU1 does show signs of being overloaded when some things are happening.)

The 2.5 hardware has nothing to do with playing audio, that is all handled on the MCU. Do you have a car with MCU1 or MCU2? (MCU1 does show signs of being overloaded when some things are happening.)

6/18 definitely MCU1. I'm hoping they allow an upgrade to MCU2. They pretty much no longer support MCU1 and all new features look to be branching off for MCU2

Interesting that no new versions are popping up on Teslafi firmware tracker and that 2019.12 is not installed on that many S/X/3's although it was first spotted on 2019-04-07.

Not even 1 or 2 bugfix releases on a 2019.12 which is is pretty uncommon.

When I got in to my car this eve after work I saw sentry mode event report indicating 4 events occurred. I just drove home and downloaded he dash cam feeds. Couple of things:
1. Did not find any break in except me coming closer to the car and deactivating sentry mode or activating in the morning after getting my bags. So no clue what those 4 are.
2. Even tho I had this 32gb usb drive for a week plugged in, the only camera feed was from today. This is puzzling because, in contrast, last Fri when I downloaded the clips I had clips fro 4/1/19 thro 4/12/19. I got the 19.12 update on late night 4/17/19 from 19.8.5.
IMG_20190419_175354.jpg