Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19.12 does not add anything significantly if you already got 19.8.5. With 8.5, I got NoA without confirmation, Sentry mode, etc. The only thing this 19.12 adds is that little Software icon under controls and some games and other language options etc. As far as driving functionality IMHO it has not added anything significant.

To be followed by "remember when this forum was awesome and people were helpful"
To be followed by "these updates are meaningless because my [model/version] has been abandoned"
To be followed by "these updates broke my perfect car"
To be followed by "I haven't updated since 2016 because you folks are idiots and these updates will wreck your car's ability to index music on a USB"
To be followed by "Wait, how did you get an update? I haven't had an update for 5 months!"
To be followed by "You need to press and hold the Tesla symbol for 25 seconds within the geofenced location of a service center following the vernal equinox"
To be followed by "You are an idiot that never works"
To be followed by "You need to have dedicated access point on a separate vlan located with a cone of approximately 17 degrees of the midpoint of the folded right mirror"
To be followed by "This thread has been merged with the Elon Musk Sux/Version 9 thread"
To be followed by "Hi, new hear. Was going to buy a Model E but should I be concerned about the breaks?"
To be followed by....oh, never mind.

:cool:

To be followed by "remember when this forum was awesome and people were helpful"
To be followed by "these updates are meaningless because my [model/version] has been abandoned"
To be followed by "these updates broke my perfect car"
To be followed by "I haven't updated since 2016 because you folks are idiots and these updates will wreck your car's ability to index music on a USB"
To be followed by "Wait, how did you get an update? I haven't had an update for 5 months!"
To be followed by "You need to press and hold the Tesla symbol for 25 seconds within the geofenced location of a service center following the vernal equinox"
To be followed by "You are an idiot that never works"
To be followed by "You need to have dedicated access point on a separate vlan located with a cone of approximately 17 degrees of the midpoint of the folded right mirror"
To be followed by "This thread has been merged with the Elon Musk Sux/Version 9 thread"
To be followed by "Hi, new hear. Was going to buy a Model E but should I be concerned about the breaks?"
To be followed by....oh, never mind.

:cool:

This is nothing short of amazing

Reactions: RabidYak
Alrighty, so finally got to complete one of my regular ~250 mile drives. Reactions:

1) Autosteer. Definitely better. Though in a couple of cases, it nearly lost its mind. Once was while passing an off-ramp on a curve, and another was while passing on on-ramp with an extra wide merge area and no dashed lane marking. AS made some wild moves, and because nobody was around me I let it do it's thing. But I would have had to take over if cars were nearby.
2) TACC. If you like bake pumping, this is your release. It's definitely annoying. I even got a couple of collision alerts and heavy braking for cars that were in the other lane, as I was approaching to pass. It did seem to get better after the sun set, but maybe that was just because traffic was lighter.
3) NoA. Eh..it's a mixed bag. In some areas and traffic levels (low traffic) it works well, and in other areas and higher traffic not so much. Where the traffic was lighter and it wasn't losing it's mind, it was really nice not to have to initiate the lane changes. There was a time or two where it passed a car, and then it went to move out of the passing lane, it cut in front of the person a little too close for my comfort. When driving 75mph, you don't get in front of someone when you're one or two car lengths away if there is no good reason to. Couple of interesting areas where my next exit wasn't for double-digit miles, and it believed the left lane was basically off limits. It would attempt to pass a car, and as soon as it entered the left lane, it would immediately say it was changing to the right to "follow the route"...right back behind the car it tried to pass. If I tapped to cancel, it would immediately come back up...over and over. Definitely bugs to work out, but not too bad for a first release I guess.
4) MCU auto-brightness is still wacky under some conditions.
5) Auto-wipers are better, but still not good enough to prevent me from having to press the button sometimes. Night performance improvement is not as good.

• Informative
Reactions: quickstrike12
Drove 850 miles on this release. It was great. Few interventions and issues. Unconfirmed lane changes were not helpful in urban areas but worked great when it was just trucks and open road. Really nice to not have to bother with the signal or confirm with the AP stalk. I turned off NoA for non-rural areas and regular AP was better than 2018.50.6.

• Informative
Reactions: chillaban and arcus
I have been noticing a consistent situation. Park the car - do some errands - return - depress the brake pedal - screen says that systems are powering up and when this msg disappears to depress the brake pedal again. Which I do - If I don’t have the rear camera already in play on the ECU during this procedure and then select the rear camera it only shows a white screen until I reboot the car. If the rear camera was already in play there is no problem. This has happened 3x so far. Hopefully .12 will fix this. 2019 100D.